Chapter 4 - Partnered Up

Pacifica's POV

A drive at the limo before saying goodbye to my world is great while it lasted. Now, since I'm super early, I'm the only one here.

I looked at the place. The place is full of courses, game courses I mean. Okay, what I mean is that the place looks like a soldier's training ground. There are like rope knots that looks like a spider web that I guess, we are- they are suppose to climb to. Next is to the stand or what gymnasts call it a balance beam that they are going to walk while they balance. Then they have to crawl to the muddy earth. Okay, eew? Lastly, they have to swing on a rope over another lake of mud? Really?

They are going to be all yucky and dirty after this course. Heck, I would never join this course. Even in retrospect, I do but I won't.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the one who embarrassed my sister. Oh this will be fun." Who's there? Who is it? I turned around and saw two familiar faces. I know this girl Mabel but who is this guy who dared talking to me like that?

"Don't you even dare put your anger at me. You're so lucky that I'm talking to you."I scolded.

"You think you can boss everyone around? Well, not to us. And just so you know, we're the same. We're both human, it's just that society made it unfair to the poor and to the neutral." Yeah. It's just the way it is. There are people who's lucky and some not. I guess I'm just not the lucky one.

"That's just it. That's the logic. I am in the higher class in our society so I can do whatever I want." I told with pride.

"Well, I guess so?" He told me, almost like asking. Is he mocking me? Oh this boy has something alright.

"Let's not just stick to arguing okay?" Mabel told us and we both nodded.

"Fine. So what are you doing here? Are you the one that proposed this seminar." He asked. It's kind of a long story but long story short..

"No. Actually, I'm joining." I said in an embarrassed tone. This is so humiliating. Joining this seminar for lower classes are so not like me.

"What don't you know that.." Then the boy burst out of laughter. This guy, seriously.

"Why are you laughing? Seriously, you are really mocking me right now." I told him.

"Oh sorry. It's just that this seminar isn't suited for you Ms. Bossy. This is a course to test teamwork and leadership. And the worse part for you is, this can get dirty."

"What do you mean? You mean, I will be joining to go to that course over there with crawling in mud and stuff." I pointed out the course and gulped with fear. Like no way am I going to go through that. My clothes will get dirty.

"Don't you know? Our Grunkle explained it to us earlier."

"My parents didn't know. They must have thought the seminar is about studies and learning." I spoke.

"Yeah. You'll learn lots of things here. According to our uncle." Mabel said and this is total nerve-wrecking! This must be all a joke. Don't they know i'm not the kind of person who do these things!

"These aren't my things! I'm supposed to be at home and order someone to-" I started to panic.

"You seriously a total diva." He said which already angers me. He's kind of annoying.

Then, I heard footsteps nearby. Someone is coming to us. It might be a bear! A beast or might even worse. I gripped the pine tree boy's shoulder and hid on his back for protection. Okay, this is getting to be a little awkward.

"Hey! You're here early. Here are the other participants." Oh it's the cute- I don't know his name. He showed the other participants and there are so many. I let go of the boy's shoulder and waved to the cute man.

"So I guess we can start now but first, let me introduce myself. My name is Tyler." Oh so that's his name.

"Hello Tyler." Everyone greeted.

"Hey."

"Okay. You guys see that course over there. You have to go through every single one of them." Tyler pointed out. Okay, this is going to start very soon and I'm starting to be a lot nervous now.

"But do not worry. You'll be put on teams and the team who will win will receive a trophy and a prize money worth $50."

"That is so cheap." I told them.

"Pacifica. Big fan and uhm.. Glad you're here. Are you going to join us for today?" Tyler asked me.

"Unfortunately yes."

"Okay. You'll be on team green." Then he showed me a green shirt and pants at my size. I'm not going to wear that junk.

"Green is so not my color."

"Just shut up." The pine tree boy started to argue with me again.

"You there! Who just argued with Pacifica, the one with the pine tree hat. You'll be on the green team as well." Oh heck no! This guy is on my team!

This is going to be a long day.