-Part XIV-

Rider sat down on his couch. Now what? He thought to himself.

He never really did anything in his free time other than look at social media, or watch TV. The feeling he had when Goggles was gone, it pained him to be lonely.

But then he thought about when Goggles was there. That made him feel better.

He always knew it, he just never dared face it. Rider was scared to be alone. 

Whenever he was surrounded by his friends, it made him happy, despite the arrogant looks.

His phone rang and broke the dead silence. It was Skull.

"Hello?"

"Where's the Crust Bucket again, Emperor?"

"This is Rider, dumbass. You called the wrong number."

"Oh, my bad."

"Well, I can't exactly blame you. The last two digits in mine and Emperor's phone numbers are the same."

"Yeah, you're right. Hey, since I was heading there, do you wanna meet up at the Crust Bucket tomorrow afternoon? It's too late now."

"Sure, I guess."

"Great. Talk to you later."

"C'ya."

The line went dead.

(Rider's thoughts)

Tomorrow? But that's...my birthday. They are probably throwing a surprise party, but I wouldn't count on it. After all, I am just an arrogant ass...

(3rd person)

He soon went to bed, actually kind of happy. 

He had friends that cared about him.

(time skip)

Goggles woke up at 5:30 AM sharp, which was highly unusual.

He put his clothes on and went out the door, to the subway station, onto the train, and arrived early at the Crust Bucket.

"Hey, Aloha! Brought all the sound equipment?" He said with a smile.

"Yeah! Can't forget the speakers!" Aloha replied, waving to a guy wheeling in a MASSIVE speaker on a...forklift?

"Goggles, could you help us unload this spotlight? There's like, 30 of 'em. They're huge." Specs motioned for Goggles to come help his team.

"Emperor, you guys got the 1st part of the banner? I'll grab the 2nd." Gloves said while holding some lightened flags. 

"Perfect fit for a king. I'll set it up on the tower with my team and the S4." Emperor replied.

Pearl and Marina walked out to where everyone was standing. "Yo, yo, yo! I can't wait for this mini-splatfest! What were the teams again, Marina?" Pearl said while setting up a microphone on the stage, which was being set up as well.

"Don't forget, Pearlie! It's Party VS. Battle!" Marina smiled while admiring the machinery.

"Guys, Rider just texted me!" Everybody rushed over to Skull.

Rider: When do you wanna meet

"Say, like at, 5:00! So we have plenty of time to battle!" Goggles smiled.

Skull: 4:30 sounds good

Rider: ok

They all continued to set up for Rider's birthday Splatfest. It was gonna be a night they would never forget.