- t h i r t e e n -

Start from the beginning

"Why don't we save you from causing yourself more pain and embarrassment and lie down? I don't think your ears can handle getting any more red." Lukas whispered so only I could hear as a smirk filled his stupid face. His hand made his way to my ear, his icy fingers cooling the burning skin. I glared in response and contemplated my choices.

An idea struck me, "I'll lie down if you let me go."

He frowned at the proposal and thought about it. "If I'm not touching you, you won't heal. Also, my touch won't have numbing effects on you so you will feel a lot more pain than you do right now. Do you really want that?"

"I'll feel better when you're not touching me." I counterattacked and Lukas sighed.

"Fine but you have to lay in the seat right next to me and don't push yourself to the point of unbearable pain just because you're trying to protect your little teenager ego. If the pain becomes to much for you, just get up and come back to me. My arms are always open."

I grinned as a shot up out of his seat and into my own. I bit down hard on my lip to suppress a groan but it was all worth it. Lukas gave me a questioning look as I sat down but I ignored him. I'd rather take any amount of pain than willingly lay on him. I figured out how to make the seat recline all the way down almost like a bed like Lukas' chair had been and laid on my stomach to avoid my back.

I was still wearing Lukas' sweater and my joggers and not going to lie, I was hella comfortable.

The comfort lasted approximately 2 minutes before stinging pain filled my body worse than ever and my head pounded like it was about to explode. A shiver racked through my body as chills suddenly come over me. I once again attacked my lips with my teeth to remain silent.

I heard Lukas sigh as a few shuffling sounds came from beside me. I opened my eyes to see him getting up and walking across the plane and returning with an object in his hands. I shut my eyes again before he returned and was surprised when a warm blanket was placed on me.

"My stubborn little baby." Lukas mumbled almost silently as he sat back down in his chair that was now in a normal sitting position.

I peaked one eye open to see Lukas focusing on his phone and I silently gripped the blanket around me tighter.

The buzz of the plane acted as a sort of lullaby and my head wanted nothing more than to sleep yet the progressive pain in my back kept me conscious.

"Do you have my phone?" I mumbled, catching Lukas' attention immediately. He hummed a "yes" and dug into the bag laying at his feet. He placed the device into my outstretched hand and I brought it up to my face to unlock it, shooting pain through my shoulder caused by the movement and causing discomfort in my eyes from the light if the phone in the dark plane. All the windows were shut when I woke up and it was nice on my head.

I lowered my brightness and sent a text to Keagan and was faced by an unpleasant realization when it turned green.

Grayson
bro i was kidnapped
not delivered⭕️

I scowled at the error due to being thousands of feet in the sky and my mood dropped further. I can't even text my best fucking friend. I swiped out of the messages and stared at my options, all requiring adequate data or wi-fi.

I turned my phone off and pouted to myself and closed my eyes once again. My body and mind were over-exhausted yet sleep was foreign to me. Why could I sleep just fine snuggled into Lukas yet when I'm finally free, I'm stuck awake and in pain?

In the back of my mind I knew the logical answer but it was promptly ignored and was replaced with the theory that the universe just hates me.