015.

LEFT BRAIN, RIGHT BRAIN

summary: left brain, right brain by bo burnham (my love) but its carlos and camilo

the reader will be assumed as AFAB and breasts are
mentioned once but they/them will still be used!!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━♡

carlos madrigal. objective. logical. cold. analytical. aware of patterns. aware of trends. he's efficient. and a prick.

camilo madrigal. subjective. creative. sensory. aware of feelings. aware of people. he's emotional. and an idiot.

camilo gasped and stopped walking. carlos, who was walking behind him, bumped into him.

"cabrón, what the hell-"

camilo put his finger on his lips, shushing him, "dude, look!"

carlos looked at where his brother was looking at. he saw someone their age.

"woah," he mumbled. "they're pretty."

camilo hummed in agreement.

"shit, they're coming this way. act normal."

they both fixed their posture and pretended they were having a conversation.

they walked up to them, "i saw you guys staring at me, you know?"

camilo blushed, "w-what? nooo, we weren't, uh-"

carlos rolled his eyes at his brother as they laughed.

"i'm y/n," they let out a hand to shake.

camilo beamed, shaking their hand vigorously which startled them. he noticed, "oh, sorry!"

"excuse my brother. nice to meet you, y/n," the name ran on carlos' tongue smoothly as he grabs their hand and kisses it. "i'm carlos and the dumbass here is camilo."

"oh i know, you're both madrigals aren't you?" they asked.

they both nodded as camilo added, "we're the shapeshifters of the family! do you wanna see?"

"sure."

they blinked and saw a carbon copy of them and a butterfly landed on the doppelgänger's hand. the twins had shapeshifted into y/n and a butterfly.

y/n looked at the two in amazement, "that's cool!"

they both shapeshifted back into their regular forms.

"i know right?" camilo beamed excitedly.

the three of them started to talk more before y/n had to go home. camilo and carlos made their way back to casita. camilo had a lovestruck face but carlos' face was neutral as usual. something he learned from his prima isabela was to hide his true emotions. camilo chatted carlos' ear off about y/n, saying how amazing they are while carlos just silently agrees with him. they went into camilo's room to talk more.

"holy fuck i think they might be the one!" camilo exclaimed, laying back on his huge bed. "there's something about them, i just can't describe it!"

"tits," carlos blurted out.

"i am the earth, they're the glorious sun!" he continued his rant. "i want them to trust me and i just want them to, how do i say this, marry me? marry- marry me please!!"

carlos sneered, "alright now, camilo, you're being insane."

"no, carlos, i'm just being alive. you should try it, you might like it."

he scoffs, "i'm calm and collected when you act wild. i am the adult, you are the child."

camilo stood up from his bed, standing in front of carlos, "you think you're the right one every time. you think you know everything but you don't know anything, at all. we meet one person but you can't even let me be. you want everything. i hope you're fucking happy, carlos."

carlos stared at him with a glare. he tuts, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "well according to my calculations, um, you're a pussy."

"name calling really? you're just gonna do name calling?" camilo rolled his eyes at his choice of firing back.

"i'm not calling names alright, i'm just stating facts, and the fact is: you're a quivering pussy," he stated.

"i'm the pussy? well at least i don't play with toys still."

"rubix cubes are not toys, they keep my spatial reasoning sharp-"

"carlos plays with toys! look at you, mister... toy player!" camilo teased.

"shut the fuck up!" carlos shoved him. "you say i want everything?! you get everything! you have the town's favor. you don't have people looking at you like a monster! so don't get mad at me if i actually want a chance at something!"

"at least i do my job, alright! i actually help people in encanto, you don't!" camilo shot back. "now you're trying to blame me for how you're feeling? if you're feeling unhappy it's because you failed yourself. you did this to yourself."

carlos glared, "i fucking hate you."

camilo gasped and carlos immediately felt bad, covering his mouth. camilo looked down as he started to tear up.

"wait, camilo, i didn't-"

he sobs, sitting back on the bed.

"camilo, look, i'm sorry, okay?"

he exhaled loudly, "no you're notttt."

"i really didn't mean it, camilo," carlos sat next to him. "i'm just... jealous."

camilo wiped his tears and nodded, "i get it. and, um, i'm sorry too."

there was a wave of silence before camilo brought carlos in a hug. carlos flinched before hugging him back.

"i love you, carlos," camilo mumbled.
(in a brotherly way 🙄)

"weirdo," carlos said.

"say it back, idiota!"

A/N
i fr had this dumbass idea while in the middle of geometry class 😭💀