009.

THE TWINS

summary: camilo and carlos have a crush on the same person :0

they/them pronouns used

if you dont know, carlos was camilo's early design and was supposed to be meaner than the camilo we all know

(art by isa_for_you on twt)

i will be imagining him as the fanart shown bc the concept art did not do him justice 😭💀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━♡

"i was gonna sit there!" camilo exclaimed as carlos took the last empty seat next to y/n.

carlos just smiled at his twin, "you snooze you lose!"

"mami!-"

"ay, camilo, just let carlos sit with y/n today." pepa rolled her eyes at her son's complaining.

camilo glared at his brother who stuck his tongue at him. he groaned before taking the seat across from him. he grumpily chewed on his food as he watched y/n, his crush, talk to his twin brother.

having the same crush as your sibling was difficult.

-

"i am the more attractive twin so obviously y/n would pick me," carlos boasted.

camilo rolled his eyes, "we are practically identical, idiot. and besides why would they pick you? you're rude, you're always scaring the children and your hair looks emo!" he flicks his hair making carlos scoff at him.

"my hair isn't emo-"

"sh, sh, y/n's coming."

the twins straightened up as y/n passes by, "hi, y/n!"

"hey, boys," they beamed at them. "how are my favorite twins?"

"we're the only twins you know, querida," carlos said.

"still my favorite," y/n shrugged.

camilo grinned and takes y/n's hand, "come on, let's go hang out!"

camilo excitedly drags y/n away as carlos curses him out in spanish.

-

the two spent the day sitting under their favorite tree, talking about anything that comes to mind.

"am i your favorite twin?" camilo suddenly asked as y/n collected flowers.

"what?" they turned around at him.

"you heard me," he said. "be honest, do you like me or carlos better?"

they shook their head, "don't me silly, cami. i like you both equally."

"okay, but if you were to choose-"

"i can't just choose! you're both great," they cut him off.

"carlos sucks, he's so annoying! with his stupid big hair that's always in his eye," camilo ranted. "i'm obviously the better twin, y/n/n."

y/n laughed, "seems like your jealous of your own brother."

"i'm not jealous!" he stated before peeking at the flowers in their hands. "what are you doing?"

"making flower crowns," they responded simply. "one for you, your brother and me."

camilo frowned, "did you have to include carlos too?"

"shush, just be grateful i'm even making you one," y/n tuts before putting the crown on camilo's head. "there."

camilo shifted the crown a bit so it would stay in place, "how do i look?"

they smiled, "absolutely beautiful, camaleón."

y/n continued to make the other two flower crowns and camilo watched in admiration. once they were finished they placed their crown on top of their head. they looked so beautiful under the sun. oh how camilo wished he could just kiss them right then and there.

they continued to talk for hours until the sun started to set. the sky was now a dark blue color and they noticed fireworks.

"oh, i forgot there was a festival tonight!" y/n stood up, evening their clothes before reaching their hand out for camilo. "come on, we gotta go plus i have to give your brother his flower crown."

camilo rolled his eyes at the mention of his brother before grabbing their hand and following them down the hill.

-

once they got back into town a butterfly landed on y/n's shoulder.

they smiled, "hello, carlos."

carlos shapeshifted into his regular form, taking y/n's hand and kissing it, "hello, mi amor."

"gross," camilo scoffed.

"didn't really ask for your opinion, hermano," he said before noticing the flower crowns on both of their heads. "what's this?"

"flower crowns, i made one for you too," y/n handed him his.

"uh, mi amor, this isn't really my style-"

they gave him a sharp glare.

"i- i mean.. of course i'll wear it," he chuckled nervously as he puts the crown on his head. y/n was really the only person besides his parents who can put carlos in his place.

"you look goofy," camilo taunted his brother.

"me?" carlos scoffed. "you should look in the mirror."

"how dare you! i-"

"look at me! i'm camilo madrigal! i'm the most ugliest in the family and the most annoying! i'm such a simp for y/n and-" carlos shapeshifted into a donkey, insulting camilo even further more.

camilo stood there flabbergasted, "you can't call me the ugliest if i'm your twin!"

carlos lets out a donkey noise which made him even angrier.

"y/n, are you seeing this? y/n?" camilo turned around to see their friend but they weren't next to them anymore. "where'd they go?"

carlos shifted back into himself, "they probably left because of your annoying ass."

"you're the annoying one," camilo glared.

they heard laughing and they looked to see y/n dancing with some of the townspeople. they watched as they moved smoothly under the night sky. it was almost like everything was revolved around only y/n. both of the twins' love for them grew the longer they watched.

"if you don't ask them out first, i will," carlos stated.

"no you won't!" camilo argued.

"watch me," the twin began to walk towards y/n but was pushed back by camilo. carlos shoved him back and it quickly turned them pushing each other, slapping each other's hands.

"oh my god, you two are so annoying."

they see y/n had came back, glaring at them with their arms crossed.

"sorry, y/n."

A/N
omg this was so fun to write
expect some more imagines with carlos bc im such a simp for him