The Space Between Words

By Pheidrad

Elaine Thompson is mostly content with her quiet life in Patriot, Indiana when disaster strikes and her best friend Laura is murdered. Still reeling from the loss, Patriot is not prepared for the invading FBI task force that begins to unravel the tangled web of secrets that lies just below the surface of its small town charm. At the center of the storm is Elaine and her secret relationship with millionaire Tristan Bailcroft, the FBI's primary suspect.

Except, Elaine and Tristan have never physically met.

Brought together in their early teens by a love of online video games, Elaine and Tristan have spent the last fifteen years sharing their lives virtually. Now, everything they are is thrust into the limelight as Elaine finds herself caught between an overzealous prosecution desperate for a conviction, a town out for blood, and her loyalty to both victim and defendant.

As the trial unfolds and the evidence against Tristan begins to stack up, Elaine is forced to question everything she thought she knew. To reach the truth, she'll have to unravel years of tangled emotions, decode the private language written in the space between their virtual words, and acknowledge everything they left unsaid.

***Content Warning****

Prologue: Restrained individual/Fade to black violence (Strangulation)Otherwise, the only other violence in the book is when the murders are described in a clinical manner after the fact.

29 Part Story

Enjoy Reading =)