𝖎. christian bale

i

i. christian bale

 DOMINIC'S HEAD was throbbing, and she hadn't even opened her eyes yet

 DOMINIC'S HEAD was throbbing, and she hadn't even opened her eyes yet. A faint and steady beeping noise sounded somewhere from her left, and she could feel a weird pressure in her right index finger.

 What the hell had happened? She recalled being chased by that damn dog, running until her legs could barely stand it. Oh, that's right, the cliff. She had jumped, in complete reckless behaviour, as her mum would say.

 She opened her eyes with a slow movement, her pupils adjusting to the harsh lighting of the room.

      Huh.

 Dominic was in what looked to be a hospital room. The beeping sound she kept hearing was a screen monitoring her vitals, and the pressure in her finger was caused by a pulse oximeter, which was analyzing her oxygen levels; a situation that would be fantastic, if it weren't for the fact that that technology wasn't the one they had back home.

 So where the hell was she? Someone had given her medical care, and took her to the facility in question... but where? She'd messed up once again, and had no idea where she'd appeared.

 From the side of her peripheral vision, a red light called to her attention. Shining intermittently, there was a device in one of the upper corners of the room. A camera. Fucking awesome, she was being recorded.

 Dominic held a hand up to her face, smoothing out her frown. Could the situation get any worse? She had to leave at that right moment, but the damn IV line attached to her arm wouldn't budge, which Dominic supposed was a nice thing if you actually were a willing patient that needed the fluids. She looked at the transparent bag hanging by her side, and assumed it was some sort of pain management medication.

 She glanced at her other arm, searching for more needles, and her breath got caught in her throat at the sight of her bare wrist.

 Dominic's Watch was missing.

 The monitor supervising her vitals started to go off as she panicked, looking around the room. She'd never been without it, not since her graduation from the Academy, not even to sleep, not even to get in the water. A hopper is not supposed to take off her Watch, and someone had managed to take it from her.