Chapter 16

Hey guys! I haven't really had a problem with this yet but I noticed a few of the comments had some not-nice words (I know I sound like a child sue me). I would like to keep my book(s) and profile a swear-free zone, and if you can't abide by that I will be forced to delete and mute commenters. Please don't make me do that! Anyway, quick shout out to my newest followers boxofrocks555JanetFlosturburg, mollydust6578767, and LauraParada163. Thanks for the support and cooperation!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 1, 2017 - Wayne Manor

Marinette POV-

"I have only been here for like 3 days and already thats everything that's happened." I send a glance at my phone - as I was currently facetiming Bridgette, before returning to doing my makeup.

"That's... a lot." I could hear her concern as she stared into the camera. 

"Yeah, but it's not as bad as some of the things that I have seen. Remember that one Akuma that was called Age Master?" I grimaced at the name and Bridgette let out a quiet groan.

"That was that the one who wanted to convince people that age was just a number so that she could be with her teacher?" I grimaced and looked at the phone, nodding my head yes.

"Yeah. That was a tough one. Only Akuma that ended up with someone going to jail afterwords."

"Gross. Anyway, what are you doing today?" I smile at the change of subject.

"We are going to the Wayne Gardens. I'm hoping to meet Poison Ivy, I heard she was turning a new leaf." I snicker at my pun and Bridgette lets out a loud groan.

"I hate you Nette." I smirk and pick up the phone.

"Anyways, we are going to leave soon, I gotta let you go. See you soon?" She nods and waves as I hang up the call and tuck the phone into my pocket. Ready to face the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the Wayne Gardens

"...and remember, this area is Ivy's special spot. So if you decide to go in there you better be very careful. If you don't really care about plants, then maybe you shouldn't go in there at all." Dick spoke fast and loud to try and get through to my class. Half of which were acting like they had not one care in the world, the other half actively ignoring what Dick was currently telling them. 

It will be no ones fault but their own when they get skewered with a plant.

I grab my sketchbook and head to the gated area. Being the True Holder of the Creation Miraculous had its perks. One of which was the fact that I had a natural affinity for Creating and assisting with Creation. AKA growing plants. So once I entered the secluded place, I immediately felt drawn to the gorgeous foliage that filled the space.

I began sketching a few design ideas that had sparked from the beautiful greenery, when I heard steps behind me. I lazily turned to look at the person interrupting my flow of thought when ivy leaves and red hair filled my vision.

"Hello flower, what are you doing here?" Her voice was soft and sweet. Like it carried a summer breeze in its lilting notes.

"I just wanted inspiration for a few outfits. I always think better when I am surrounded by plants." Not the full truth, but not a lie either.

"My babies are happy because of you." She caressed a large glossy leaf. She sent me a sly smile that said she knew more than she was letting on.

"You're welcome here any time dear." I smiled at her.

"Thank you! I love this place. It's very calming. My name's Marinette by the way." I slid over to sit in the shade of a small willow and she looked at me with a soft smile.

"Well little Marigold you can call me Pamela." She looked at the tree I was currently leaning against and her smile widened.

"It looks like you have the gift as well." I look up at the tree that had bent down and curved to allow me a better seat and sent a sheepish smile at the green-clad woman. 

"I am friends with a being of creation. It comes with some perks." She raised an eyebrow at me and turned to continue with her stroll of the garden.

"Well, in that case you are free to plant anything you would like in this area. Anyone who shares my affinity for plants is welcome to do as they please here." She sent me a smile and a backwards wave as she turned the corner and was out of sight. I just let out a small chuckle and continued my now Poison Ivy themed dress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damian Wayne POV

I watched as Marinette gained the favor of Poison Ivy within the first five minutes of meeting her. Every interaction I see of hers just reaffirms just how special she is to me. How special she is in general. A girl like Marinette is truly a rarity in this world. A diamond among rubbish.

I quietly make my way over to where she is sitting and pull out my sketchbook, sketching her as she designs clothes. She was lost in thought; completely relaxed. This was something that few people ever got to see, and I was of that lucky bunch. Since she came back into my life I had been hoping against all hope that she would never leave my life again. Never would she be so alone as she had been those past few years, dealing with Hawkmoth; never would she be without a partner, without support.

She is so strong to have continued throughout everything. But she has come out of it with the same happiness, the same positivity. How she did that in our line of work I'd never know. I send her a soft smile, one only she has gotten to see. She looks up and smiles back. 

There are very few moments in this life where things are absolutely perfect. 

This was one of those times, and if things went my way things would stay perfect for a while longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

word count: 1010 

edited 7/26/23