Chapter 9

August 29, 2017 - At the Hotel

Marinette POV-

I had gotten dressed and was in the lobby at 3:30, Chloe following not long after. I was nervous to say the least, but also excited. I was about to meet the person responsible for getting me away from Paris. They deserve some MDC merch for that. I make a little note in my book of commissions to get their measurements.

Just as I put my notebook away I see a limo pull up outside of the hotel, I stare for a second; shocked. 

A limo...?

I guess the Waynes have more money than I thought they had. I shrug and pull Chloe in the direction of the limo. She had been lost in a world of her own, listening to music. She quickly puts her phone away and climbs into the limo with me, closest to the front so that we could still talk to the driver.

"Hello sir! What's your name?" The older gentlemen in the driver's seat makes eye contact with me in the rearview mirror.

"My name is Alfred Pennyworth young Miss, what might your name be?" He had an english accent and a very proper way of speaking. I liked him instantly.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng Todd. This is Chloe Bourgeois." Alfred's eyebrow rose at hearing her name.

"He has met me before Mari." Chloe looked at me with a sheepish smile. Oh.

"Well, I'm glad to tell you that she has changed. She is one of my best friends now. A particularly bad akuma made her have a change of heart." I sent a tense smile in Alfred's direction, and he returned it with a knowing look in his eye.

"I am glad to hear that Miss Bourgeois." I smile at Chloe and she relaxes. 

I spend the car ride sketching, and Chloe put her headphones back in. In what feels like a couple minutes we are pulling up at the entrance of an enormous mansion. Like how is this someone's house?! Do they get lost? Do they need a map? Or a GPS? A house GPS?

The line of thinking ic cut off by Alfred opening the door, prompting Chloe and I to get out of the vehicle. She had quite obviously been here before, so she walked to the door unfazed. But I needed to take a second and just stare at the huge building in front of me. 

Is this what rich people live in?! 

I had been to Adrien's house, and Chloe had given me an "exclusive" tour of her hotel, but neither of those places had been as big as this. Not even Jagged's Mansion, which I had frequented once he had started asking me for my "fashion expertise".

Chloe and Alfred walk to the door and I slowly follow, trying to take in every inch of the ivy-covered-brick building. It was gorgeous, an ancient building with a distinct feeling of home and safety. I walk up the steps and slip in the door that Alfred was holding open. 

Inside the Manor was chaos. 

2 dark-haired boys were yelling, 2 were filming, and 3 teenage girls were watching the whole thing from the corner. It was at that moment that I realized that one of the fighting boys was wielding two very familiar katanas. 

One short. One long.

One black. One red.

One mine. One his.

I couldn't stop the emotions welling up as one thought repeated itself, echoing in my head.

I had found him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third POV -