Liberation

liberation • gn!reader
You lead a mission to free Din from an Imperial hideout, only to discover that he's in need of you much more than you originally thought.

—§—

The sound of Din's emergency comm channel beeping is just as unsettling as the empty side of the bed beside you.

With a string of curses, you launch up from the bed and exchange your sleep attire for your usual day-to-day gear. You've been so exhausted from the long nights spent staying up with Din to comfort his aching heart that you hadn't noticed he was no longer beside you. You know he's woken up in the middle of the night before and not told you, reluctant to keep you from resting no matter how bad his heartbreak is.

But you never expected him to wander off—and have something go very, very wrong.

You know better than to speak into your comlink. This channel's only reserved for urgent situations and Din's told you before you should only use it to trace his signal. You've never had to use it before but you've thought about the situation more times than you'd like to admit. You prayed to the stars you'd never have to be in it. The stars must have been resting just as hard as you were tonight.

You've got everything you need secured on you in record time as you rush to the door of your small cottage. You pause for only a moment there, painfully aware of the fact you don't have Grogu to worry about anymore as you continue this endeavor. This humble cottage you're standing in somehow feels much larger without the little one's presence within it. You and Din had both thought it would be the perfect place to lay low while he worked through his trauma and you helped him.

Somehow, even that has turned out for the worst.

These thoughts are forced away as you swing open the door and begin to run. You use the blinking comlink like a tracking fob, remembering every protocol Din had taught you about back when you first came aboard the Razor Crest. Though the vessel's now gone, everything else has remained, culminating into the intense love and panic you feel for the man who's somehow managed to get himself in trouble.

Your cottage on the shore of Karnac fades behind you as you make your way closer to town. One thing you know for certain is that Din isn't yet offworld; if he was, his signal wouldn't have come through. You figure it's a good place to start as you seek the source of the signal, giving you multiple types of transportation should you need to get to another part of the planet. The town is small and half-abandoned, making it easy for you to spot any changes since the last time you and Din went on a supply run.

You notice one as soon as you reach the collection of huts. The usual vendors have vacated for the day, their stalls left unattended as one even peeks around the corner of a building. You assume the gentle crunching of sand beneath your boots is enough to warrant that type of response. With a worried raise of your brow, you approach the vendor and lift your hands in an offering of peace.

"Excuse me, vendor," you call out, your voice low as the Mon Calamari dares to poke their head out further. "What happened here?"

"S... Stormtroopers," the vendor remarks, keeping his voice low as he looks around for more threats. "A dozen of 'em at least."

Your heart sinks into your stomach as you drop your hands back to your sides. "Stormtroopers? Here?" The Mon Calamari nods, his eyes still wide and full of fear. "Why?"

"They took someone." The vendor nods in your direction. "That armored man you're always with."

You summon all your strength not to fall on your knees at the mere idea of it. "The Mandalorian?" The Mon Calamari nods again, and with a deep breath, you compose yourself for your husband's sake. "How long ago was this?"