Mureyca (Kiss)

mureyca (kiss) • gn!reader
The story of the different ways in which you share a kiss with the Mandalorian.

—§—

Din Djarin somehow never fails to take your breath away.

It starts before you know his true name, still referring to him as the man who had hired you to care for his ship: "Mando." His little green son became a part of that package deal not long after you joined the small crew of the Razor Crest, leaving you to take on another task—one you don't mind at all.

Life on the run has brought you and the Mandalorian closer together, especially after you've seen him bond so easily with the foundling. Their connection has shown you an entirely new side of Mando, one that's softer than the man he presents himself to be with all the beskar on. This has made your feelings for Mando change—and you can sense it goes the other way, even if you've both been dancing around them for some time, now.

Still, this life with Mando is something you never mind—until he leaves not one, but two worried crewmates behind whenever he goes on a job.

Mando tries not to go on jobs too often, but when the supplies become depleted and your stomachs start to rumble with hunger, he has no choice. You've offered to pick up work at the hangar where he first found you, though Mando always refuses. He insists that staying in one place for that long is too dangerous—and he refuses to leave you there alone. Thus, Mando picks up whatever freelance hunting jobs he can find, no matter how dangerous.

This leaves you and the child alone together within the cold walls of the Crest, waiting for Mando's return. You often busy yourself with fixing up the ship, no matter how petty the tasks are. The child restlessly wanders around the ship and sleeps more often than usual. Sometimes you wonder if the little one sleeps in an attempt to dream of his adopted father, especially when he wakes up and comes to you whimpering for comfort. Thankfully, the hunts usually don't last more than a day or two.

But not this time.

You're going on the fifth day with no sign of Mando. The child's been a nervous wreck, clinging to you day and night as if he's afraid of losing you as well. You've run out of things to fix, and as hard as you try to play with the child to keep both your minds occupied, neither one of you can escape the worry you feel. Mando's given you no way to contact him thanks to his fear of someone finding him and using the communication device to track their way back to the two of you, which means you're as in the dark about his safety as ever.

Your nervous pacing only stops when you hear the hatch starting to open. Instantly going on guard, you set the child in Mando's compartment, gently hushing him when he coos nervously and securing him inside. You draw the blaster Mando gave you, hiding behind a cargo box as you get ready to use the weapon should Mando's bounty come seeking revenge.

Instead, you see Mando's weary body trudging its way up the ramp, causing you to holster your blaster and quickly rush to help him.

"Mando," you breathe, your concern evident in your tone as you throw one of his arms over your shoulders. You help him get into the hull, encouraging him to sit on top of a cargo box before you secure the hatch closed. "We've been worried sick about you." You turn to face him, watching as he sets his pulse rifle aside and heaves a deep breath. "What happened? You've never been gone this long."

"I—," Mando tries to say, although you speak again before you hear him.

"What's hurting you the most? I'll get the medpac." You're already making your way further down the hull where Mando keeps his medical supplies.

His modulated voice is weary yet desperate when he tries to speak to you again. "Wait, there's... something I need to—."

"Kriff, Mando, this is so disorganized!" You gather together all the materials that Mando's haphazardly tossed in his medpac, carrying them in your arms as you walk back over to where he's sitting. You drop them on top of the box just beside Mando's leg, picking through them as you glance up at his helmet. "Where do we even—?"