~Bet It All

It's been weeks after that morning waking up with Orochimaru on top of him. They never spoke about it. Not because Jiraiya didn't try tho.

"Hey Orochimaru, sorry about this morning I guess we-"

"Is quite alright." said Orochimaru cutting him off, trying to hide his face as he went pass him.

He never brought it up again. It made him too nervous, especially remembering everything he thought that morning but now things are getting difficult for Jiraiya. He couldn't bare his thoughts so he went to Tsunade.

"Come in" yelled Tsunade from inside her apartment.

Jiraiya abruptly opened the door and sat in her dining area, biting his nails.

"Say no more" said Tsunade taking out some booze.

"Tsunade, I don't know what to do." 

"Wow, haven't seen you this distressed since that failed training when we were 12" said Tsunade pouring some sake in the table in front of him.

"No, this is different. Completely different.... so different that I don't even know where to start."

Tsunade remained silent. She wanted him to gather his thoughts although she had an idea where this was going.

"Kyoko asked me out"

"What? That's great! You finally got your wish!"

"No, no I haven't"

"What do you mean Jiraiya?"

"I-....." he sighed rubbing his temples. "You would think I'll be over the moon by having my crush since I was 10 ask me out."

"You're not?"

"No Tsunade, I'm not and that's the problem."

"I mean that's ok, maybe you grew out of it, maybe it's-"

"Maybe it's the fact that I might have fallen for someone else"

"Oh Jiraiya stop joking around, I've told you many times no so-"

"I'm serious Tsunade.... and is not you"

Tsunade had to stop and look at him. She was stunned how serious his friend was. They're dynamics have always been around jokes and the fact that he couldn't take them made Tsunade more sure that her suspicions were correct.

"Orochimaru?" asked Tsunade.

Jiraiya didn't want to move from his spot, he kept staring at his sake glass without blinking.

"Don't be so surprised Jiraiya, do you think I'd be in this friend group and not notice? It's obvious if you ask me." she said chugging some more booze. "Come on, let it all out."

Jiraiya took the whole cup of sake.

"I cannot.... stop thinking about him. It's driving me crazy. I can't even hang out with him alone like we used to. Besides-"

"Besides?"

"Besides... he's a guy"

"And?"

"Well-"

"Well nothing! You fall for who ever you fall for. Gender has nothing to do with this. Maybe your perception has been different your whole life because you always imagined a woman but life can be pretty funny like that."

"I can understand that Tsunade but he's not just any guy! He's our best friend, we grew up together I would HATE to mess our friendship up and also, he wouldn't feel the same way so-"

He was interrupted but Tsunade slapping her mouth shut.

"What is it?"

"No nothing... I cannot say anything but... you should just talk it out with him."

"NO I won't! I would ruin everything, even doing mission would be awkward I cannot risk-"

"You are not risking anything, please just talk to him."

"Why are you so insistent? He was there with me when Kyoko asked me out and even helped me to convince me after I was trying to say no to her!"

"Wait what?"

"Yes! He was there! He was... he was even happy that it happen while I was just crushed that this all happened in front of him."

"Jiraiya, he was just being a good friend." she moved to lay her hand on top of his hand. "I suck at gambling but if I had to bet all my money on this, I would. So just talk to him."

Jiraiya was speechless.

Then a knock was heard.

"Come in" said Tsunade.

"Tsunade you- oh you both are here, better." said Orochimaru still standing in the door frame. "Sarutobi sensei asked me to call you guys. We need to leave for an emergency mission tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

art does not belong to me