"Alex?" Maggie asked.

"Hm?" I replied.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, just thinking.." I sighed.

"It's going to be fine, babe.." She inched closer to me and gently grabbed my hand.

"I know, I know.." I mumbled as I let my head rest on her shoulder. The door creaked open, causing me to throw my head up and let go of Maggies hand. Kara stormed into the room like normal and walked into her closet. She made no effort to notice me or Maggie in the room, so I reached for her hand once again. Kara knows we're in a relationship, so I'm not worried if she notices.

Kara walked out of the closet moments later, carrying a small first aid kit and some new clothes. I noticed a new cut on her arm, and the blood pouring out from it. I stood up and walked over to her, but she didn't even care to look up at me. She just kept walking.

"Kara." I said, trying to catch her attention. She kept walking.

"Come on, Kara!" I groaned. "Please just let us help you."

"I don't need your help." She said, bluntly. It was the first words she had spoken in days, that I know of at least.

"It's okay if you do. I don't want you to go through this alone." I said.

"You don't have to pretend to care about me, Alex! I know you don't. Your life was so much easier before I came around. All I do is hurt people." She yelled.

"You can't blame yourself for what happened to him." I assured her.

"I can. It was my fault. Not only did I get him killed, but I hurt you, and I hurt James-"

"James was being a dick!" I cut her off.

"It doesn't matter!" She yelled.

"Just please.. Leave me be." She muttered before raising her arm up and walking out of the room. I went to walk after her, but felt an a hand wrap around my wrist.

"Let me talk to her." Maggie said.

"I don't know.." I shrugged.

"Please?"

"Fine.."

-
-

Maggie walked out of the room, following Kara who was cleaning her cut with the bathroom door wide open. Maggie was slow and careful with her steps, making sure she didn't come off as too intimidating.

"Kara.." She said softly.

"Alex sent you?" Kara scoffed.

"No. She didn't." Maggie said. Kara stayed silent, so Maggie decided to speak up before she cut her off completely.

"I know you've been through a lot of stuff, Kara. I know it can't be easy and it can help if you talk to someone, or even just let them help you somehow." Maggie said.

"Funny. Lena gave me the same speech." Kara shook her head.

"Fine. You don't want to here the same stuff over again? Let me give it to you straight." Maggie took a deep breath before continuing. "You are pushing everyone away that is trying to help you. Soon enough, you'e going to find that you have no one and nothing left and then you'll truly be alone. So even if you don't want to talk to anyone about what happened that day, at least let them know that and stop pushing everyone away!"

Kara looked down at the ground, saying nothing. She felt herself starting to tear up, and quickly closed the bathroom door. Maggie sighed and walked back to the bedroom.

Deep down, Kara knew that Maggie was right. She didn't want to admit it though. She had learned to push her feelings so far down that she appeared emotionless to everyone around her. She continued on with cleaning herself up. She felt the pain of the alcohol as it hit her cut. She was getting tired of being beat up by James and his goons everyday, for some reason, the teachers didn't do anything about it, even though Kara knew that had seen it happen on multiple occasions. The only teacher that stood up for Kara, was her Spanish teacher, Ms. Scoggins.

  Back in the bedroom, Maggie was filling Alex in on what had happened and told Alex that she hoped the thing she said would sink in eventually. Alex pulled Maggie onto her lap and wrapped her arms around her.

  "I'm so thankful for you." Alex smiled.

  "Aw thanks babe." Maggie said as she ran her hands through Alex's hair. Alex leaned in for a kiss, not hearing her bedroom door open.

  "Hey Alex, any ideas for... dinner.." Eliza mumbled. "I uh.. I seem to have walked in on something." She turned around and went to walk out of the room. Alex and Maggie were both frozen in shock.

  "W..Wait. Uh.. Mom?" Alex stuttered. Eliza turned around to face them, as Alex pushed Maggie off of her lap.

  "Are you.. mad?" Alex stammered.

  "Mad? Of course not, honey. Just a bit shocked is all.." Eliza chuckled.

  "Oh.. Thank god." Alex exhaled. "I.. I was planning on telling you soon, I just.. I didn't know how.."

  "It's fine, Alex. I will always be here to love and support you, no matter what." Eliza smiled. Alex stood up and made her way over to Eliza, wrapping her hands around her.

"Please don't tell dad yet. I'm not ready." Alex said.

"I wont. It's not my secret to tell."

An: short chapter but i felt like this was an important one <3