Chapter 18

Rob's house was 1 hour 45 minutes away from Duskwood. I didn't know what information I expected from Rob, but I couldn't think of any other ways... My heart was dominating over my brain. Jake was all I could think about.

"Here we are."

Justin and I got out of the car, making our way towards Rob's house.

I rung the doorbell and standing in front of me, was a man not older than 35, brown eyes, black hair and a dull look. 

"Yes?" He asked with a puzzled look.

"Rob James?"

"It's me."

I quickly pushed him inside and Justin locked the door behind us.

"What the hell? Who are you? Why are you in my house?" He panicked.

"Shut up. Your voice is so annoying. Tie him up Justin."

"Tie? Why? No wai-"

Justin quickly pushed his body to a chair and started tying him up. Rob kept saying disgusting profanities at us but neither of us cared. We were used to it.

After Justin had tied him up. It was my time to come in action. I took a chair and sat right in front of him.

I pointed my gun at his head and the idiot immediately stopped speaking.

Me: Now, you will only open your mouth when I ask you to. Got it?

Rob: who are you? What do you want from me?

Me: You utter another word, and your head will be blown.

Rob: F-fine.

Me: So, you seem to have a lot of money if you can buy such expensive illegal drugs, Huh?

He went pale and his eyes widened in shock.

Me: SPEAK UP!

Rob: I-i Uh.. I stole it from my wife. She is a doctor.

Me: Great. Since when are you taking these drugs?

Rob: Uh.. Since a few months.

Me: How did you know about this illegal website?

Rob: One of my friends told me about it.

Me: How many times have you ordered drugs from here?

Rob: This is the 6th time.

Me: Have they delivered it yet?

Rob: No.. But they said I'll get it by today.

Me: The same guy delivers it everytime?

Rob: No, it's a different person every time.

Me: So.. How exactly do they deliver it?

Rob: They give a six digit code and I have to tell that code to the delivery guy. He hands over the parcel and leaves.

Me: Do they wear a mask or something?

Rob: Yes they do. 

Me: If I find out that you lied to me about anything, I'll crush your skull with my bare hands.

Rob: I-i.. Am telling the truth.

Just then we heard the doorbell.

Me: Who is it?

Rob: Maybe the delivery guy.

Me: I am untying you. Just act normal.  Understood?

Rob: Y-yes.

Justin and I hid in his house, Observing his encounter with the delivery guy. The guy didn't speak much.. Just asked for the code and as soon as Rob gave the code to him, he handed the parcel to him and left.

Me: Call the police and get his ass in jail, Justin. He buys illegal drugs and consumes them, this is against the law. And I am going to follow that guy.

Justin: Okay ma'am.

Rob tensed at the thought of going to jail. He started pleading to me but I ignored him and walked out of his house, following the delivery guy.

I observed how the guy just put his head bent down and didn't bothered to look around his surroundings. He then, started walking faster, his pace, I imitated. He took a left turn and started walking to a more secluded and abandoned area.

When we were in an area where there were no people, I attacked him.

I pinned him to a wall and aimed my gun at his head.

Me: Don't utter a word or else

He just nodded.

Me: Who are you? And who do you work for?

The guy said his name was Andrew.

Andrew: I don't know who the boss is. I have never seen him.

Me: Where were you going now?

Andrew: To collect my pay.

Me: Where and from whom?

Andrew: There's an abandoned house a few blocks away. A black car is usually parked in front of the house. Two men, dressed in black, wearing  masks, wait for me and other delivery people. They ask us for the code given to us by the people we deliver to. After I give them the correct code, they give me my money.

Me: How do they contact you to deliver?

Andrew: They have my phone number. I receive a phone call and they tell me the address. First I come here to collect the order, then deliver it, get the code and collect my money.

Me: Since when are you doing this job?

Andrew: it's been 4 years.

Me: Do you even know what you deliver?

Andrew: Yes, illegal items.

Me: Great. You are going to jail very soon, Andrew. Now go and act all normal. If you give them any hints about me, I'll shoot you right at the spot.

Andrew nodded and started walking again, I followed him.

He stopped in front of a scary looking abandoned house. But it still looked maintained which was weird. There was a black car and two men standing near it, talking to each other. They stopped and turned to look at Andrew. He told them the same code given by Rob and the two guys nodded. One of them handed him the money and gestured Andrew to go.

I took the opportunity and shot both of them on the leg. They fell down to the ground, groaning in absolute pain.

I went towards them and stopped as they death glared at me.

"I am going to ask you a few questions and you have no choice but to answer them." I ordered them.

"Not so easy and not so soon darling." someone said. I turned to look at the person and as soon as I did, he injected me in the neck, making me fall on the ground, unconscious.