Chapter 16: The best apology

Start from the beginning

I groaned, "That's what she said but I don't understand what I have to do to gain her forgiveness," I was clueless and she wasn't making it any easier for me. I stared at Phyllis for a moment, "Please help me," I pleaded.

She shook her head and glanced at me, "This is your mess, not mine. You have to think for yourself," she continued to cook and I sat there watching her.

I hit my head on the table and groaned. This was useless. I thought that if I brought Phyllis over here, she would help me to figure this shit out, but she is just as useless as me trying to figure it out on my own.

She got done cooking and brought two plates to the table. I watched as she sat down across from me and we both started eating. After a while of silence, I decided to speak, "I hope you know that you're useless when it comes to situations," I stared at her as she had her mouth open.

"Wow, thanks," I chuckled as she wiped her mouth. "Terry, I can't fight your battles for you. You have to learn how to deal with them on your own. This is your marriage, nobody else's. You know Carol more than anybody, so you should know how to gain her forgiveness," she stared at me.

I sighed, "I guess you're right," I watched as she smiled.

"Aren't I always right?" she chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

We ate and talked a few, then after we were done, she cleaned up the mess. After she was done cleaning, she looked at her watch, "I have to go. Gregory has a doctor's appointment today," she looked at me as I nodded.

"Ok, well thanks for coming over and staying with me," I smiled as she stared at me.

"Are you going to be alright here by yourself?" she questioned. I could see the concern in her eyes but I nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I smiled and she smiled back. We hugged before I told her goodbye as she was walking out of the door. I watched as she got into her car and I shut the door then pulled my phone out.

I wasn't going to be alone, because I have someone else who would love to come and stay with me. I dialled her number and after a few rings she picked up. I smiled and asked if she wanted to come and stay with me while Carol was at work, and I couldn't have received a faster yes in my life.

After we hung up, I decided to go and watch TV to wait. As I was sitting on the couch, I couldn't help but think about what Phyllis said. I knew that this was my fault and that I should be the one to fix it, but it was hard when I didn't have anything in mind to what I was going to do.

I would need a little help, right?

I heard the doorbell after a few minutes and before I could get up to open it, I heard a voice. "I'm here!" she yelled and I chuckled as I turned my head and saw her walk in the living room. She smiled at me, "There she is," she walked to the couch.

I smiled, "Here I am," I looked back and caught sight of Elysia. I turned to Genevieve, "How sweet, you brought your girlfriend," I chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

"Well, I had to. She doesn't like staying by herself," she shrugged and sat down when Elysia came to the couch.

"That's not true," she looked at Genevieve. "I just don't like it when you're not there," she crossed her arms and I chuckled.

Genevieve looked at her, "Yeah, that's basically the matter," she shrugged as Elysia opened her mouth and stared at her.

I chuckled, "Ok, so if y'all could stop arguing for five seconds, that'll be great," they stared at me as I continued, "I called you here because I need help," I watched as Genevieve stared at me.