Chapter 8: All goes well.. Right?

I felt sick. Physically sick.

If Harge is behind this, which I have no doubt he isn't, then that sick bastard will pay for what he's already done. He will get what is coming to him, and I don't care how long it takes or how far I have to go;

He will suffer.

What kind of sick idiot comes after my sister? What's the purpose, to get to Carol? Why can't he get it through his thick ass skull that she doesn't want him, and never did. He became someone she didn't like, and he abused her in ways I cannot explain. What makes him think that she's going to come running back to him?

How far is he willing to go? How far is he going to push in order to get what he wants? What other damage is he willing to accomplish?

I'm scared.

I'm so damn scared, but at the same time, I'm not.

I'm afraid of getting too close to him, because he could do whatever the hell he wants to with me and I wouldn't have the strength to fight back.

He's a lot bigger and stronger.

The only thing I'm capable of doing, is out running him. But, I'm not going to do that. There isn't any purpose in me to run away from him, because that's the last thing on my mind.

I don't know what he's planning on doing next, or who he's going after next, but better believe he won't touch Carol.

All these thoughts are running through my head and I'm getting a headache from overthinking every possible situation that could happen.

I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was a few minutes after three. I sighed as I laid there in bed with all these thoughts running through my head.

I didn't know what I was planning on doing, because right now nothing was coming to me. I had to do something though, and getting the police involved is the last thing on my mind. Even though Richard said that I should do it, which isn't a terrible idea, he needs to understand that this is my battle between Harge and I, not the police.

With all these thoughts, I fell asleep.

*

I felt someone nibbling on my neck. It wasn't a kiss, because I could feel their lips gently biting down on my skin. I also felt a body on top of me, and without even opening my eyes, I knew who it was.

I smiled with my eyes closed, "Carol,"

I felt the nibbling stop, followed by a voice, "Hmm?"

I opened my eyes and saw her smiling down at me and I instantly had a million butterflies erupt in my stomach as I stared at this beautiful woman.

I smiled, "What are you doing?"

She smiled back, "I'm loving my wife," I instantly felt my face heat up and she giggled. "I still have that effect on you, I see,"

"You always will," I smiled as she smiled.

She leaned down and gently placed kisses all on my face. I tried so hard not to die from her cuteness as I was probably redder than a damn tomato by now.

She leaned up and stared at me, "How did I get so lucky?" she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and continued to stare at me. "How?"

I stared at her, "You? I should be asking you the same thing," I searched her eyes for a moment as she was staring at me. "I got the woman of my dreams. The only woman that ever captured my heart and kept it. The woman who I thought I would never get. The woman who is my everything and showed me the meaning of love when I needed it the most," I stared at her as she was speechless and I saw her eyes glistering.