Chapter 11: Something too real

Song^ I Won't Let Go by Rascal Flatts

Carol's P.O.V

I was so exhausted. I just wanted to go home and take a bath then go to bed. I felt tired and not just physically, but mentally. My mind was exhausted, including my body. It seems as though I never can get this exhaustion away from me.

On the way home, I thought about Terry. I thought about how she was lying to me. I knew she was lying, because I could tell. Ever since I was her teacher, I knew she was lying, even when nobody else knew, I did.

I wish she would just tell me the truth. Tell me what's on her mind, and stop this shit that she's doing. She was never like this until last week, and I don't understand what is going on.

I'm her wife, and we're supposed to tell each other what is bothering us. But, just like I am, if she doesn't want me interfering with her privacy, then I won't.

I sighed as I pulled into the driveway. I didn't see her car and I started wondering where she was. I got out and unlocked the door then walked inside. I went into the kitchen and laid everything down on the counter and that's when I noticed a piece of paper stuck to the fridge.

I pulled it off and read it; I went out. Be back later. Love you.

I sighed and threw the paper away then grabbed some food from the fridge. I've been craving just about everything and it's driving me insane. This baby wants to eat everything and anything, but sometimes my body won't allow it.

I sat down at the table and started eating. I didn't eat much, but at least I ate a little. Sometimes I can eat a lot, then other times I only eat a little.

I placed my plate in the sink and walked out of the kitchen and walked to the living room. I decided to watch TV to ease my mind from all this hectic shit that's been going on, but even though my mind is occupied with television, my heart aches from the absence of Terry.

I try not to get my emotions fired up, even though I hate these damn mood swings, but I can't help but think about all the fights she and I have had in the past week. It hurts, and I hate it more than anything.

I love that she has another friend, and I love seeing her happy and hanging out with her, but Terry is hiding something from me and I don't like it one bit. I don't think Terry would cheat, because I know her too well. My gut doesn't exactly believe it, but something else seems to be off and I don't know what.

As my mind wanders, I hear my phone ring in the kitchen and I get up to go answer it. I see a number that I do not recognize, but I answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Aird?" it was a male voice.

"Yes?" I didn't know who it was.

"It's Billy Young. From your art class in seventeen,"

"Oh, hi Billy. How did you get my number?" I asked.

"That's not important. You need to come to the hospital right now," he sounded out of breath.

"What for?" I questioned.

"Terry has been shot,"

Those very words sent my mind swirling and my heart aching. I couldn't breathe and I stumbled backwards and caught onto the counter. I felt my heart race but I didn't give it much time as I grabbed my keys and ran out the door.

I was a fucking mess as I was driving to the hospital. I couldn't think straight, and I couldn't hardly see from the tears in my eyes blurring my vision. I wiped my eyes and tried to concentrate on the road, but nothing helped.