chapter nine

Patrick's P.O.V.

*I'm sorry, babe! I let my jealously get the best of me. I love you! Call me later ;)

It had haunted me ever since I woke up. This text could be a sincere apology, I thought. Or it could be a cruel ploy to get me back and regain my trust. She could dump me all over again. For Pete's sake, she broke my glasses!

It was only a couple of months before the Boys Of Zummer tour began. I couldn't begin with Taylor again like this. I'd have to bring her with me on a tour bus for several weeks, possibly sparking more disaster. I stiffly resisted the urge to text Taylor back, deleting the message quickly so I couldn't go back to it, or see it, for that matter. I still loved her, but I also wanted desperately to gain the courage to move on, because Melanie was right; she was only going to cause me more pain and trouble. She was a self-glorifying bitch who got jealous too easily and took advantage of me.

Melanie's P.O.V.

"Just sign here." A clipboard was slid in front of me, holding the contract that was going to start my music career. My eyes scanned the paper, but I didn't stop to think about anything I was signing up for. I simply stared at the contract for a few minutes, before the director cleared his throat. "Miss Trohman, we have a few more meetings with some other clients, so if you will-"

"Oh, yes. Sorry." I chuckled lightly and scribbled my signature on the paper, hesitantly sliding the clipboard back over.

"All right. All is in order. We'll be seeing you next week." His hand shot out as a gesture of business. I shook it briefly, flashing a smile before returning to Joe, who was waiting patiently outside.

"How did it go?" he asked as we walked out on the cracked pavement to the car.

"Great. I start next week."

He grinned. "Cool...." He paused to insert the cars keys into the ignition. "Listen, I have a... proposition to make."

"Yeah?"

"We're going on tour in a couple of months, and you won't really have anywhere to stay. Plus, it would be beneficial for your career-"

"Are you asking me to tour with you guys?" I yelled estatically.

"Correct."

"Of course I will!"

"Great. I'm gonna have to check with the guys to make sure it's okay first, but I can't imagine any of them saying no."

I couldn't stop thanking him. He had already done so much for me- helped me record and get a contract, a place to stay, and now I was going on tour with Fall Out Boy. By the end of this, I was going to be famous.

Returning to home, Pete and Andy congratulated me on my record label, but in other news, for the tour, Pete had dyed his hair pink. Bright pink, if you will. It seemed awful surreal for a man in his 30's to be dying his hair that color, if you ask me.

"Uh, I like your hair?" I said awkwardly, sipping a congratulatory beer, the bitter liquid spilling into my throat.

"Thanks. I thought it matched my personality."

I frowned. "Right..." I replied as I tried to keep from laughing.

"I think it looks cool," said Andy in a small voice.

"I think it looks gay," Joe joined in, laughing until he met with Pete's glare. "I'm just messing with you. It looks great."

"Yeah..." I agreed.

Joe took a big gulp of beer, smacking his lips before he prepared to give his big announcement. "Guys, I've decided.... We're bringing Melanie on tour with us." Andy and Pete both agreed with smiles, but it's not like they exactly had a say in the matter, strictly because of the way Joe had worded it. "Patrick needs to know this. Patrick!" he called, and Patrick timidly walked in, his face illuminated with his phone held close to his face.

"What's up?"

"Melanie is going on tour with us," he said with a smile. "Meet your vocal partner."

Patrick grinned and gave me a friendly pat on the back. "That's wonderful! I'm really excited. This is gonna be a great tour!" I could see the joy in his blue eyes, but they were tainted with pain with his voice cracking as well, and I knew right away something was wrong.

"Thanks. I hope it's not a burden on anyone..." I said.

"Of course not. We could use another touring partner. This could bring you close to fame, too. We're doing you a great favor here." Joe smiled, toasting me with his half-empty beer bottle.

"Thanks, guys..." I said in a small voice. I was definitely nervous, don't get me wrong. I was terrified. I've always had stage fright, but it never hit me as hard as you would expect. It was more on social situations that I was prone to that. But when performing, I'd lose myself in the music, so much so that'd drown out the whole audience. But I knew this wouldn't be the same. I guess this was really happening.

sorry this kind of a late update compared to the previous chapters... I hope you all enjoyed anyway! Make sure to vote and comment, and share with your friends if you want. :)

-Liesl