-7-

Horace smirked as he turned his head "Look at Enoch. He's jelous"

Enoch sat forward in his seat with a scowl "Why would I be jelous? Olive can go and marry Jake, for all I care" the boy sat back in his chair, rolling his eyes.

Fiona shook her head "Don't be mean Enoch. She doesn't want to, she's just excited to have a visitor"

Miss Peregrine smiled "Nobody is marrying anybody. Now eat up your food before it gets cold" she took her seat and look at everyone as they started to eat.

The masked twins held metal cups with black straws for eachother as they drunk.

Hugh opened his mouth to eat but stopped when bees swarmed out of his mouth and around the table.

Olive jumped back "Hugh!"

Emma shook her head at the younger boy "Where's your net?"

Fiona : "Hugh! You have to stop doing this hugh"

The boy reached under the table and pulled out a netted hat, he sat it on his head and pulled the net up. Hugh opened his mouth and took a deep breathe in, inhaling all the bees.

Fiona looked over at Jake "It must be very strange for you Jake, meeting your grandfather's friends, visiting another century, you too Y/n"

Olive looked over at Y/n with a smile "Are there spaceships in your time Y/n? Like the Flash Gordon books"

Miss Peregrine tilted her head a little "Now, now Olive. What did I say about asking questions? We don't discuss the future here" Y/n watched as the woman grabbed part of the roast chicken she had infront of her "We enjoy living in the good old here and now" she snapped a bone off and at the chicken from it.

"Claire, why aren't you eating?"

Hugh gestured to the little girl beside him "She's embarrassed infront of Jake and she doesnt want Y/n to be afraid of her"

Jake shook his head with a smile "Dont be. Please"

Y/n looked up and turned her head to lock eyes with a shy Claire "I'm not going to be scared, go on"

Claire looked up at her Ymbryne, receiving a wink. She grabbed the bone infront of her and lifted up her hair. She held the bone behind her head and waited a moment, after a few minutes she put her curls down and put the now empty bone back on the plate.

Y/n smiled widely before looking back down at her lap silently.

Miss Peregrine leaned over Claire and gently wiped her back mouth clean with a napkin.

Horace looked over at Jake "So, Jake what's your peculiarity? And you Y/n what's yours?"

Jake stammered over his words "Oh...I'm not peculiar, neither is Y/n"

Enoch placed his cutlery down as he leaned forward "And that my friends is why they will not be staying with us no matter how hard we try to persuade them"

Miss Peregrine shook her head "We've spoken about this. They are just visiting"

Hugh smiled as he looked around the table "They might want to stay"

Olive looked between the two "Don't you want to stay Jake? Y/n?"

Jake shook his head "Tonight or..."

Claire looked directly at Y/n with a smile "Forever. You should stay forever"

Enoch shook his head "Why would they if they don't have to? They can live out there, grow older have a good time instead. They'll leave, just like their grandfather did"