Doom in the Underworld

Again, glad so many of you are enjoying this story. Leave a review as usual and enjoy!

"March unto their domain without pause. Wield your sword up high, only to be brought down when spilling the blood of the damned. For they would dare to take what is yours, to which they shall regret in their final moments."

Corrax 3:40

(Gremory Vacation House)

"So, why exactly did you want to see me?" Flynn asked. The Doom Slayer was sitting on a chair in the front yard of Rias' vacation house in the outskirt of Kuoh. He had his legs resting on the table, not giving a damn about mannerism.

After coming back from Kuoh and dealing with a happy Kuroka smothering his face with her assets, Tiamat had told him what had happened. How Rias wanted to speak with him about what had happened at the clubroom. Normally, Flynn wouldn't have cared, but concerned if more demons were coming after seeing so many whores back then, Flynn decided to find out. That is how Flynn, along with Tiamat and Kuroka in her cat form, were now meeting with Rias Gremory. Also present were Koneko, whose lap Kuroka was currently resting on, Akeno who had brought out tea and snacks that neither Flynn or Tiamat were touching, and Kiba who was staying vigil. Issei was in the background, deeply bruised after his training session with Koneko, where said girl threw rocks at him, and was currently being healed by Asia.

"I suppose I should explain from the beginning." Rias said with a tone of seriousness. "You recall the blonde Devil from before?"

"You mean the one whose face I blew off and then regenerated?" Flynn asked rhetorically. "What about him?"

Rias sighed. "His name is Riser Phenex, the third son of the Phenex family. I'm also engaged to him in a political marriage. I don't think I have to explain why I absolutely refuse to marry him."

Flynn raised an eyebrow. Both Mephisto and Tiamat had explained to him that sometimes Devils arrange political marriages in order to strengthen bonds between pillars as well as keeping pure-blood Devils alive. It had happened sometimes with his people but was rare. And though he only seen him briefly, Flynn could understand why Rias did not want to marry Riser.

Taking Flynn's silence as a sign to continue, Rias said, "Due to my constant refusal to marry Riser, my family and the Phenex clan have made the decision that a Rating Game would decide if my engagement would continue or not."

"Rating Game?" Flynn asked, looking at Tiamat.

"It's a competition between Devils and their peerages. Normally it is used for entertainment and other times to increase one's social standing in the Underworld." Tiamat explained.

"And you want me to participate?" Flynn asked, a hopeful tone in his voice. A small sinister smile formed on his lips. The idea of legally tearing apart demons sounded very appealing. The Devils noticed this and shivered at the bloodlust radiating off him.

Unfortunately, Rias shot down that. "I'm afraid that's not possible. Unless approved of by both sides, outsiders cannot join Rating Games. And seeing how this is a special event and you're an outsider, I don't think the families will allow it. No, what I'm actually asking is for you to train us."

Flynn frowned, both at the fact he could not participate and what the Gremory girl was asking. "Train you? Why would you want that? Furthermore, why would I even agree?"

Rias sighed. "Because you are the strongest person we know. From the past Stray hunts, I have seen that, despite your brutality, you are a skilled fighter, more than any of us put together. With that knowledge, we could improve ourselves and have a better chance of defeating Riser."