Chapter 1: Awakening

Start from the beginning

"Dạ Đồng Chí Đại Tá. (Comrade Senior Colonel, sir.)" Captain Lương saluted quickly.

"Đồng Chí Đại Úy. (Comrade Captain.)" Colonel Cường did the same.

"Báo cáo, Đơn vị sẵn sàng cho cuộc hành. Xin phép thực hiện các lệnh trong giám sát của đồng chí Đại Tá. (Reporting, unit is ready for operation. Permission to give orders under your supervision)," Captain Lương reported.

"Được phép. Thực hiện các lệnh của Bộ Tham Mưu. Mình sẽ đi theo giám sát. (Permission granted. Carry out the orders from high command. I will come to supervise the men under your command)," The Senior Colonel replied back.

"Rõ. Báo cáo, hết. (Understood. Report, end.)" The Captain cut his salute as soon as the Colonel did.

Both stepped back to their offices to kit up. Captain Lương, in the bunks where his unit is located, sets his gear on the bed to inspect. This includes high quality gear such as the Ops Core helmet and a US plate carrier. Donning them on, he checks his standard issued STV-380, putting the bolt up to see any dirt or mud that could've gotten in, before racking it back to a firing position. By the time he was done, his unit was outside with their STVs slung over their right shoulder, magazine wrapping around their necks.

"Alright, the mission is as follows: we are to intercept a deal happening 3 hours from now, with the arrest of the drug smugglers so we can interrogate them and put an end to this drug ring. Any questions?" Lương looked for anyone who was unsure of what followed, to which he got no response back.

"No questions? Chứ ý! Nhiễm! (Stand at attention!)" He looked at the unit as they stood to attention.

"Quay lại, quay! (About face!)" The soldiers did exactly as he ordered.

"Tiến hành! (Forward!)" His order gave the signal for the soldiers to run to their GAZ Tigrs, in a rush to get near the Sino-Vietnamese border in Quảng Ninh Province, a two hour long drive.

--------

Quảng Ninh Province
Cảnh Sát Cơ Động (Mobile Police)
15:30 Hà Nội time

Two Toyota Innovas carrying the number 14 at the front of their licenses, the number for a registered vehicle of Quảng Ninh province, approach each other in the dense forests surrounding the mountains near the Sino-Vietnamese border. One group of men opened their doors for their "Đại Ca (mafia boss)", along with a suspicious briefcase; another group, with one of their top drug lords, armed with a M92 pistol that he got from abroad, also had the same suspicious briefcase. These men were part of separate drug smuggling rings operating near the border with China in northern Vietnam, hence why there were some Chinese men in the two groups as well, with older Type 56s slung near their waist, in case any mischief among the two groups broke out.

The drug lord came out to greet the Đại Ca, with a hint of antagonism, as they were dealing with a rival drug gang that previously attacked them in the past. His lackeys were even more agitated, holding onto the sides of their pants where their pistols were hidden.

"Hàng đâu? (Where's the package?)" The Đại Ca questioned.

"Tiền đâu? (Where's the money?)" The drug lord replied back.

"Xem hàng để có tiền. (Let me check the package, then the money comes.)"

The Đại Ca motioned for one of the lackeys to bring the money to the drug lord. In exchange, he received the "package", which was heroin. Checking for authenticity, he licked part of it. As for the drug lord, when he was given the money, he "kissed" one stack of 500,000 Vietnamese Đồng bills.