The guy in the wheelchair from before turned to them and laughed "No use crying over a lost shoe boy-o" jake and y/n each took a seat at the empty table beside him.

Jake looked down "The children's home, what happened to it?"

"A German air raid, a bomb fell right on the roof. September the 3rd, 1943"

Y/n shook her head as she slightly recognised the date "Where did they go after? The headmistress and the children?"

"Not one survivor, poor little buggers. And they were lovely too"

Later that evening, Jake and y/n sat at their own beds whilst their father sat at the desk in the room on his laptop with a beer.

"Why didn't he tell us that they all died?"

Y/n put her bookmark back in her book to mark the page and put her book down, ready to hear her father's excuse.

"He leaves to join the army, and 3 months later, everyone he knows gets killed not even grandpa could turn that into a bedtime story"

Y/n shook her head at her father's words "Well no wonder he was scared of being a dad...being close to anyone"

Franklin turned around in his chair to look at both his kids "Listen. You need to talk about all this with someone guys. We should call Dr. Golan" he turned back around to focus on his laptop.

...

The next morning, Franklin sat in the pub with a plate of food and a coffee.

Man (over tv) : "Certainly some enjoyment today"

Jake and Y/n sat next to eachother on their chairs and looked at their father. Y/n nodded "Dad, do you kind If me and Jake go hang out with those other kids today? They asked us yesterday"

"Yea. That's awesome" Franklin ate a chip and aimed all of his attention back towards the tv.

The twins left the pub and walked straight in the direction they did yesterday, they walked closer to the destroyed house. Y/n followed close behind Jake as he entered the home.

"Jake...don't you think this is a little disrespectful...you know to the children and Miss Peregrine?"

"Y/n, we're doing this to find out why grandpa told us those things before he...died"

"Yea, I know but it just doesn't feel right. I don't think we should be here"

As they walked into what used to be the dining room, Jake picked up a photo and wiped all the dust off the frame. It was a photograph of all the children. Y/n took it from his grasp and gently sat it down on the table as they continued to make their way through the house.

They heard the ticking of a clock, Jake walked past it but Y/n stopped as she bent down to have a look at it. The clock read exactly September 3rd 1943, at 9:08am. She ignored the weird feeling and followed up the stairs after Jake.

They walked into one room which caught Y/n's eye, not in a disrespectful way. She just thought it looked really cool, the way there were jars of organs on shelves and a desk with what looked like dry clay as well as tools.

When the two left the room, they both gasped when they saw a girl standing at the end of the hallway.

"Abe?"

They both started running, they ran down the stairs after eachother and back through the house. But when they came to the bottom of the stairs and looked at the doorway they saw a ginger girl and a little blonde girl peak around the doors. They looked up at the sound of loud footsteps from above them.