"Jeez. Don't be so rude! I am standing out of your house door for so long in cold, give some respect asshole." Jungkook huffed looking away, annoyed.

And that's when Seokkin noticed. It was definitely cold. Though Jungkook was wearing a too fluffy coat and a muffler where his face was half sunk, only revealing his nose and too big of eyes, his ears and nose tip was still flushed red from the cold. Clearing his throat, Seokjin looked sideways.

No one has ever entered his home. Neither he invited anyone to. It was just always Namjoon or his uncle. Now he forgot how to even tell someone to come in. How to make it humble? Or what should one say at this moment?

 How to make it humble? Or what should one say at this moment?

(Seokjin's house)

'How should I invite one home? How to do it? Please come in? Or come in? Or-' Seokjin's thought got interrupted from Jungkook'a scoffing.

"Are you even letting me go in? Or planning to freeze me to death!?"

And Seokjin was glad when Jungkook shoved him in front of the door to enter his passcode so they can go in. Somehow it was always comfortable with him. Somehow Jungkook understood. Somehow they didn't always need words. And somehow whenever Seokjin felt any panic rising, there was Jungkook to reassure. It was nice. Too nice to be true for once. Seokjin smiled.

---------------

"Oh!!!! You really live here?" Jungkook exclaimed. Roaming around the whole house, eyeing everything in exclamation like a kid's first time visiting a fair.

Arms folded on his chest, Seokjin eyed the very excited Jungkook. He scoffed. "You have visited Taehyung's place. That's much bigger than mine."

Jungkook paused. "Yeah. It is. But you live here alone! And what? It's like a small apartment to you? Like hell! It's so cool here!"

'What would he do if he sees the mansion?' Seokjin thought but didn't voice it out.

"So what's in the bag?" He asked pointing at a paper bag Jungkook was holding.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Mom made some tteokbokki, gimbap and kimchi fried rice. And she wanted to send you some. So yeah, shoved me at out in the cold like am not her only precious son!" Jungkook fake cried.

"So, dramatic! Jeez. Give me what's mine." Seokjin grumbled smiling before taking the bag from the latter's hold as he marched into the kitchen. He really missed Mrs Jeon's cooking.

"Hey! Waiting for you in the cold for so long, I am hungry again. Give me something to eat too!" Jungkook grumbled. But Seokjin didn't pay him any attention.

"You selfish prick, Wait!"

-------------

At least they settled down on the dining area with all Mrs Jeon's cooked food displayed in front of Seokjin and a sulky Jungkook with a hot chocolate. Jungkook wanted a cold bear for a drink. But Seokjin declared if he doesn't drink anything hot for a drink then he is not getting anything, not even water to drink. So here they are now.

Both were eating in utter silence. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of chopstick and plate clicking or the sound of drink sipping until the bunny boy decided to speak up.

"Why you were with Jennie Kim?" He asked in a small voice. Uncertain and unsure. But Seokjin heard him and Jungkook knew as he stopped eating to look at him. He panicked and tried to explain himself alarmed so it won't seem like he was crossing a line.

"I m-mean, you don't like her and she is so after you. So- I so it felt weird to see- look am not trying interfere in your business I- I just- " Jungkook stuttered noticing Seokjin's piercing gaze on him.

But Seokjin stopped him in the middle of his gibberish. "My car engine was down so it stopped on the middle of road and she was passing by so she offered a lift and I took it," Seokjin explained. Voice calm and assuring unlike he usually sounds. This explanation somehow made Jungkook relieved. He nodded.

But-

'Is it even a coincidence that she was just passing by when Seokjin's car wasn't working? Bruh.'

"Are you and Yoongi that close?" Seokjin asked out of a sudden that caught Jungkook off guard.

"Huh? Yoongi hyung and me?" Seokjin nodded chewing on his food.

"Yeah. We are close. He always treats me like his little brother. Cares a lot too. And It's comfortable with him." Jungkook said smiling.

"Do you like him?" Jungkook choked on his drink. Coughing hard, he glared at Seokjin who is equally glaring at him, face blank.

"Are you crazy? Of course, I don't like him." Jungkook exclaimed chugging down the glass of water the latter offered.

"Does he like you?"

And Jungkook screamed, "What the fuck!? I just mentioned 'like his little brother' just now!"

Seokjin nodded, mouthing an "Ok" as he continued savouring the food. Jungkook just stared at him. 'What's with him? Weirdo.'

Seokjin was never the one to ask any personal questions to anyone. So today his behaviour literally left Jungkook dumbfounded. When he became so interested in other's business?

The silence fell back between them again. But it wasn't awkward. And nothing seemed as right as this moment to Jungkook to ask his desired question. So he decided to talk about it finally. Gathering all his inner courage he asked lastly that he should have asked a long time ago.

"Seokjin, Why did you kiss me that day?"

.
.
.
.

To be Continued

.
.
.

Hello

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚