𝙻𝚅𝙸𝙸.𝚓𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗

Start from the beginning

Fleur was aware of Violetta's nightmares ― they were not hard to miss when sleeping on the same bed. Violetta would toss around and sometimes Fleur needs to be the one to wake her up.

Violetta began to toss around the bed, her head rolled over Fleur's shoulder and her hand accidentally hitting Fleur on her stomach.

The blonde opened her eyes like a flash by the sudden feeling and immediately pushed herself to sit. She turned to look at Violetta who was moving her head from side to side, her legs kicking the mattress and her forehead sweaty and breathing heavy.

"Hey..." Fleur said and gently placed her hands on Violetta's side to shake her a little in order to wake her up.

Violetta didn't wake up but kept tossing around. She mumbled something ― things that didn't really make sense to Fleur.

"Leta, wake up," Fleur said again, her voice stronger than before. "Wake up, wake up, wake up!"

While nightmares weren't dangerous ― so to speak ― Fleur hated to see Violetta in distress. She looked so much smaller and younger when possessed by nightmares.

A loud gasp of air filled the room when Violetta finally managed to open her eyes but there was something off about her which Fleur realised immediately.

Violetta was awake but she wasn't able to move. Her eyes moved from side to side but nothing else did. She tried to open her mouth to speak or scream but it stayed close.

"Breathe Leta, breathe," Fleur said ― not quite sure what she should do or say, she has never witnessed a scene like this before. She moved so that she was staring straight into Violetta's eyes and gave her a small but worried smile.

"Just look at me, all right? You are fine, it's just a nightmare or a terror. You will get through it, just focus on my voice."

While Violetta was still unable to say anything, her eyes spoke for her and Fleur understood that Violetta had heard her.

Fleur smoothed Violetta's hair while speaking to her softly, waiting for the moment of terror to disappear. It killed her to see Violetta struggling like this ― one of the reasons why she ended things that one time.

When Violetta woke up and saw the ceiling above her, she thought she was dying. She could see things and hear Fleur's voice but she couldn't move anything else other than her eyes. She had managed to gasp when opening her eyes but now her mouth was shut close like it was shut by wires.

She felt like moving every inch of her body but she couldn't and it made her feel frustrated but most of all, scared. Fleur's voice reached her ears and she could feel Fleur's pale hands smoothing her hair.

Then finally, after what had felt like hours but was only minutes, the imaginary wires around Violetta's mouth disappeared and she screamed before sitting up like a launched rocket.

"Wh-what was that?" Violetta's voice shook as she spoke and stared ahead, feeling Fleur's presence just next to her.

Fleur placed her hand on Violetta's shoulder.

"You had a nightmare and then, I'm not sure..." Fleur said softly.

Violetta sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry..." muttered Violetta and lowered her gaze.

"What are you sorry for?" Fleur asked and moved to sit closer to Violetta. "There's nothing to be sorry for."

The brunette shook her head, her hair falling on her face. She was ashamed of her behaviour ― she wasn't supposed to show any weaknesses. It was a rule her grandparents had planted on her, minus Priscilla.