12: You killed the car.

As Ferris was about to speak, he was cut off by another 'forget it.'

The four of us stood around the car, still and unmoving.

"I gotta take a stand." Cameron choked out. "I'm bullshit."

Tears formed in Cameron's eyes. "I put up with everything... my old man, pushes me around. I never say anything!" He began to walk around to the front of the car.

"Well, he's not the problem, I'm the problem." A sigh escaped his lips as he leaned on the hood of the car, trying to compose himself.

"I gotta take a stand. I gotta take a stand against him. I am not gonna sit on my ass as the events that effect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm gonna take a stand. I'm gonna defend it. Right or wrong, I'm gonna defend it." He spoke.

The three of us stood there in disbelief.

*CRASH*

Cameron's foot collided with the front of the car, denting it and causing Sloan and I to jump a bit.

*CRASH, CRASH*

"I'm so sick of this shit!" Cameron exclaimed.

He began to continuously kick the car as he spoke.

"I can't stand him, and I hate this goddamn car. Who do you love? Who do you love?! You love a car. You son of a bitch." He cried.

Sloan turned away as Cameron kept on kicking the shit out of it, leaving some remarkably decent-sized dents as Ferris and I stared with wide eyes.

Cameron wound up to kick it again but stopped just as his foot was about to hit the bumper.

He paced, wiping his tears away.

He laughed lightly. "Shit." He said, looking at the car. "I dented the shit out of it."

He looks down in thought.

"Good." He spoke in an almost happy tone. "My father will come home, he'll see what I did. I cant hide this."

Cameron glanced over at our shocked faces.he sniffed, wiping under his eyes and glancing over at Sloan before averting his gaze downwards, not wanting her to see him she'd anymore tears than he already had.

"He'll come home, he'll see what I did. He'll have to deal with me." Cameron said.

Ferris nodded in agreement, a faraway look in his eyes.

"I don't care. I really don't. I'm just tired of being afraid." He looked back to the car.

"Hell with him." Cameron smiled, moving his foot to rest on the front bumper of the car that was already adjourned with plenty of denting. "I can't wait to see the look on the bastards face-"

The car Jack gave out, tilting backwards and letting go of the car, allowing it to speed backwards and Cameron to stumble to the ground.

The tires screeched as it flew back through one of the giant windows that made up part of the garage's walls.

The glass shattered completely as the car dove to the ground below.

Cameron's eyes went wide and his face went excruciatingly pale, as if he could faint at any second.

Cameron, Sloan, Ferris and I stood, staring at what used to be the window.

Ferris and I glanced at Cameron, rushing over to the glass-less window as Sloan helped Cameron up.

I peered down at the car, which had been undeniably and completely demolished.

"What'd I do?" Cameron asked with a dazed voice.

I slowly looked back at Sloan and Cameron, lips parted and worry painted on my face.

"What'd I do?" Cameron asked again after receiving no answer.

Ferris and I glanced at each other. "You killed the car." We spoke in unison.

Cameron and Sloan began to walk over to us, glass crunching under their feet as they looked through the windowpane that every single piece of glass had been discarded from.

"Oh... wow..." Sloan mumbled.

Cameron kicked a small piece of glass over the edge.

"Woah." Cameron finally spoke, glancing back at us and to the beat up and smoking Ferrari. "Holy shit!" His hands moved to his hair as the realization set in.

Turning in his heel, he walked quickly back into the garage.

"Cameron-" I started.

"Cameron, it's my fault." Ferris said, pleadingly to him. "I'll take the heat for it." He walked closer to Cameron.

"We'll wait for your father to come home and when he gets here I'll tell him that I did it. He hates me anyways." Ferris offered.

Cameron's eyebrows were furrowed in thought for a second before his face cleared.

"No, I'll take it." He said, turning to look at Ferris.

Ferris shook his head violently at him.

"No, I'll take it." He repeated.

"No." Ferris continued to shake his head. "No, you don't want this much heat."

"I want it. If I didn't want it, I wouldn't have let you take the car out this morning." Cameron affirmed.

"I made you take the car this morning." Ferris persisted.

"I could've stopped you." Cameron said
matter-of-factly.

Ferris gave Cameron a 'really?' Look.

"It is possible to stop Mr. Ferris Bueller, you know. No, I want it. I'm gonna take it. That's it." Cameron finalized.

Ferris lightly scoffed.

"When Morris comes home, he and I'll just... have a little chat." A big smile stretched across his face and the rest of us smiled at him in pride.

"It's cool." He assured Ferris. "No, it's gonna be good. Thanks anyways." He spoke sincerely.

Word count: 1441