Chapter 44 ~ Best Friends

Fayette

It's all a blur. I feel lightheaded. The light from the hospital room is shining brightly so I'm barely able to open my eyes.

A nurse just left my room after taking some of my blood. I kept asking her for the woman who brought me here but she said she left.

After that I'm able to open my eyes more. I sit up and look around the room. It was pretty big, but smaller than the ER rooms.

My head hurts, my stomach hurts, my whole entire body is in pain. It hurts to move but I manage to sit up and ring for the doctor.

She shortly comes in and greets me, I once again ask if they can find the woman who brought me here. The doctor sighed and asked me a few questions. She said she will try her best to find someone.

I thank her and she tells her that my fiancé is her for me. I know who she is talking about... but I don't want to see him right now. So I roll back onto my side letting pain shoot through my body and close my eyes.

I'm so close to falling asleep when the door opens. I don't make a move, scared it's him.

"Fay?" A soft voice says and I freeze but refuse to move. Its Abby, but I'm kind of mad at her too. I know she saw me freeze, gosh she knows me so well. She comes over to the side that my face is and bends down, getting on her knees.

Holding my face in her hands, I can no longer hold back. I start to sob with my eyes closed. I can hear Abby saying sweet nothings to me.

She hugs me and repeats, "I'm so sorry." I will always forgive her, she didn't know, she just wanted a nice vacation with her boyfriend.

"I forgive you Abb's." I still cry. She cries with me but we don't care. We sat here for another hour crying. Eventually, she moves to my bed, now big spooning me. Her chin rests on my head.

I can hear her snoring, she is probably tired from her trip. I feel bad for having her be her when she should be with Cole.

I turn to face Abby and wrap my arms around her. She's the best, no denying. And I'm nervous to tell her what happened because of my being here.

At this time I just let her and myself sleep hoping my pain will end when I wake up.

☁️

I woke up to talk. There are three voices. I don't open my eyes but I can tell Abby is still with me and she moved us to where in between her legs resting my head on her chest.

"She was crying, Cole. I'm not leaving her when she is like this." I hear Abby say. "But Abby, it's almost midnight and the visiting hours are almost over. Elias is going to stay here since only one of us can." Cole replies back to her.

I want to scream 'No, I'm mad at him' and dig my face deeper into Abby but I can't. I don't want anyone but her in here because she is the only one I have forgiven. I can't really be mad at Cole for what happened, although now I'm upset that he is trying to take his girlfriend anyway from me.

Oh crap, maybe I'm in the wrong?

"Cole she is glued to my hip, just go home I will take care of her." She says now stroking my head. She's my favorite no doubt.

I thank God for her before Cole speaks up, "Fine but not tomorrow night." He says "No promises!" Abby shouts. "They're gone sweetheart." She says and I lift my head up.

Um yeah I definitely think we are soulmates.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" She asks and I nod trying to gain the courage to tell her. It's going to be a long night...

☁️

Abby is now a sobbing mess, me and her have been crying for the past hour. When I told her what I remember she wouldn't stop crying, she still isn't and it's been ten minutes since I finished the story.

"Gosh I'm so sorry Fay, you wouldn't be here if any of us we're home." She wipes her snot with the back of her nose. "Abb's I told you I forgive you." I say and I can feel her nod.

"I know but that doesn't mean I don't feel bad." Abby cries for a bit more but then she leaves to get us takeout. I sat in this room for a while waiting for Abby to come back. I have been doing things on my phone for a while too.

I even looked up how to get a restraining order against two people. Turns out I just need to call a lawyer and get that figured out.

So that's exactly what I did. I contacted my dad's friend who is a lawyer. He has a son here who is also a lawyer. I know I got lucky. But anyways I contacted him and he said he will be able to meet with me during the week.

Abby comes back with the food and I jump out of bed. We eat together and laugh. I told her about what I did while she was gone and she was proud of me. This is why she is my best friend. She just gets me.

I feel bad for ignoring Eli but I'm still pissed because I have no idea what's going on. Abby says her and Cole don't know anything about it either. I guess I will just have to confront him myself when the time comes. But for now, I'm enjoying my time in this stinky hospital.

I hope this all works out in the end.

A/N

This chapter is really just a chapter showing how much I love Abby and Fay friendship it so cute!