Chapter 5 ~ Hockey

Fayette

A couple nights ago was so weird. I was feeling a little bold so when I saw that Elias had followed me on Instagram, I followed him and texted him.

I had never felt so open to someone I just met. But Elias seems to get my humor and goes along with it. Also didn't expect him to admit he was a virgin. I showed Abby the text to which she laughed at and said we would be cute together.

I still didn't tell Abby about what happened that night with Dylan. I didn't want her to be upset but as her best friend I should tell her right?  I didn't want to mention it but I also saw Elias and his friend as the place we were at.

I saw him glancing a couple times and could tell he was looking at me. I wonder if he saw what happened.

It's now after school on Friday and I just got back from my classes. I see Abby sitting on the couch and she looks like she was waiting for me.

"Fay! Your back!" She says and comes over to hug me. "Yes I'm back, what's got you in such a good mood?" I ask and giggle as well.

"Well I got us tickets to the first hockey game of the year!" She starts to jump up and down. "Really?" I ask and getting a little excited myself. I knew that she bought them because she wanted me to see her boyfriend play, and because she thinks I'm going to have one of those cliché romances where the girl and guy make eye contact after he scores a goal.

"Yes really! And we need to get ready now so we can get good seats." Abby says and runs to the closet we share and takes out a pair of baggy jeans and a cropped sweater for me while she wears a shirt and her boyfriend's jersey.

Abby and I took a while to get ready because she wanted to do my makeup but she had to do hers too so that meant she was doing both which took up a lot of time.

By the time we got done the game would start in 30 minutes. Me and Abby took my car because it's "better than my old piece of trash" Abby's words were.

We got to the rink 15 minutes before the game started and Abby left to go get us snacks. I was waiting in my seat and going on my phone so it looks like I'm busy.

Abby comes back with candy, nachos, and popcorn with water. The game is about to start and the lights get brighter.

"And now for the first time this year, your captains!" The announcer calls out and Cole and Elias come out onto the ice and since this is a home game the away team doesn't get their captains announced.

After 5 minutes both teams are on the ice in positions. I watch Elias the whole time. I know he doesn't know I'm here but I would be lying if I said I'm not secretly here for him.

The game starts and Cole goes for the puck and passes it onto Elias. Elias takes the puck and goes for the goal. He passes the puck to another player. What I think is weird is that Dylan is in the back not even helping when he is said to be one of the best players. Elias gets the puck back and shoots for the goal and makes it in. Our side jumps and cheers, including me. I see Abby giving me side eyes and smirking while I scream his name and I roll my eyes and sit down.

"He just scored a goal. I would do that for any of them" I used as an excuse. "Uh huh sure" Abby giggles and I roll my eyes again.

The game continues and the teams get back in place ready for the next round.

☁️

It's after the game and we won. 6-3 to be exact. I was so happy I don't think anything can ruin my night. As a friend of Elias I wanted to go and congratulate him since he shot the most goals.

Me and Abby are walking to the locker rooms because she says "I do this every time waiting for Dylan.

15 minutes later boys start coming out with their families and girlfriends. I see out of the corner of my eye Elias and Cole walking out. "I'm going to go congratulate him" I nudge Abby and she smiles and nods.

I walk over to the boys and when Elias sees me he smiles at me. I get over to them and say "Congrats you guys, you both did really well" Cole smiles at me and looks behind me and I see Dylan is now with Abby.

I turn back around and see Cole growling. I look back at Eli and he gives me a look that says 'Cole takes a liking to Abby.

"If it makes you feel better Cole I don't know what she sees in him" I say and Cole's eyes snap to mine.

"Oh, yeah, well what can you do?" He says and looks down at his feet. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, they won't last and when they break up I will call you" I smile which he returns. "Thanks, Fayette" He says and starts again. "I'm going to head back to the dorm man see you there" He walks away with a wave from Elias.

"Thanks for coming tonight it just made my night ten times better" He gives me a smirk and I roll my eyes playfully. "Yeah well Abby dragged me here and I saw you and started to cheer for you."

"I know, don't hope I didn't notice your cheering every time I scored." He gives me a grin which I blush at.

"Well I better go I'm Abby's ride so I will see you at school Monday?" I ask "Yup see you Monday" He says and returns the smile.

I walk back to Abby and see that Dylan is with her.

"Hey Fay!" "Dylan's going to come back with us is that alright" She asks and I look at him and he gives me a grin. "I guess so, let's go" I say and we head to the car.

Boy was I wrong for letting that man in my car.