Page 48: Boat Day:

Wanting to listen to her mom and get back to her kids, Dream went back to the docks. Dream wanted to help her mom, but she agreed with her mom and the Charmings that Dream needs to be with her babies and her brothers. 

She sighed, looking out to the water. This was the place she would go when she needed to think or just needed to get fresh air. She never thought about it, until remembered Tinker Bell said about Robin Hood being Regina's soulmate had something to do with Regina's spot. She would go to the woods when she needed to think. Dream's thoughts got interrupted when the boat came back over to the docks. 

"You need a ride, sweetheart?" Luke asked, making Neal place a hand on Hook's arm to stop him from charging forward.

"Sorry for interrupting your "men" bonding day. But I wanted to join the fun." Dream smiled, looking at Henry. "If that's okay with you guys?" Dream asked, when Henry looked at Hook, Luke, and Neal, before nodding at Dream.

"Of course." Henry smiled, making Dream smile at him.

"Great." Dream smiled, when she got onto the boat, before moving over to Neal. "Has Henry asked about the babies?" She whispered to him.

"Yeah... Just said you were babysitting for a friend." Neal shrugged when Dream nodded at the decent lie. "And they have been bickering back and forth so there were little questions asked," Neal said, glancing over to Hook and Luke.

"Great..." Dream sighed, when she glanced at them, before looking down at the stroller.

"You know what you're doing?" Neal asked almost the exact same way Emma asked in the diner, when Dream sighed, looking back at him.

"Not a clue..." Dream sighed, not sure how she felt.

"Well, I would say just trust your heart." Neal shrugged, when Dream chuckled a bit, shaking her head. 

"Yeah, I think that's the problem..." Dream sighed when she looked back down at her babies.

"You'll figure it out... It's one thing this family is good at. Excluding yourself from the ones you love." Neal sighed, thinking about how he was trying to fix things with Emma.

"Seems to be a thing both of my parents do..." Dream sighed when she looked back at Hook who took over the ship again, while Luke was talking to Henry.

After an evening of Hook trying to teach Henry how to be a sailor, Hook anchored the boat as they went out to a secluded little beach. Dream sat off to the side, rocking baby Sebastian who was crying as Evangeline napped in the stroller. She kept watching as Henry was tying a rope into a knot, while Neal talked to Hook. 

"How's it going, Henry?" Luke asked as he moved to sit next to Dream.

"I think I've tied every knot in here." He said, setting the book that Hook gave him to the side with the rope. "When do I get to learn about being a sailor?" Henry continued to ask, looking over at his father and Hook.

"Just a few moments longer... There." Hook said, making Henry look up. "Come here." He continued, before motioning for Henry to stand next to him. 

Neal walked over to Dream, Luke, and the babies, while they watched as Hook handed Henry the sextant that Hook's older brother had, many years ago.

"What's this?" Henry asked Hook.

"That, my boy, is a sextant. It's a tool used by sailors to navigate." Hook explained to him. 

"Like a GPS?" Henry asked as Hook turned to look at Neal and Dream. 

"Yeah, like a GPS." Neal nodded, making Henry look at him.

"Aye." Hook nodded, not sure what a GPS was, which caused Dream to chuckle to herself at how clueless he was to modern things like how to use a phone and what a GPS is. "It measures our position using the stars." Hook continued to explain, looking up at the moon.

"Not sure that's what a GPS does, but what does it have to do with being a man?" Henry asked, knowing that Hook promised him a "man's" day.

"Well, Hoo-- Killian taught me how to navigate with one," Neal spoke up, making Henry furrow his brows. 

"Just like I'm going to teach you." Hook smiled at Henry. 

"Were you both in the Navy or something?" Henry asked the two of them when Neal glanced at Dream, who got up to walk over to them. 

"No. Bae-- Neal was just a boy when I taught him." Hook said, looking at Neal, Luke, and Dream, who sighed, knowing that there were holes in their lie. 

"Wait. Aren't you the same age?" Henry asked, when Dream sighed, looking down at baby Sebastian. 

The four adults looked at each other, not knowing what to say to Henry that would not make things worse. 

"It seems like the more you guys tell me, the less things make sense. I don't want to learn how to navigate. I just want to learn about my family that doesn't make you, guys, sound like a fairy tale, so I'll like you all." Henry sighed, looking at the four of them.

"Your mother isn't keeping things from you, because she doesn't want you to know the truth..." Hook said, looking at Henry. 

"I know, she's doing it to protect me. But how am I supposed to feel about anything about my family if I don't know what you are like?" Henry continued as Neal sighed, looking at his son, who did not remember his whole family. 

"Fair enough, mate." Hook sighed when Dream looked at Henry. 

"We're all just getting to know each other... It's okay to feel like that." Dream smiled at him when Henry just looked at all four of the adults. 

"What I haven't told you is why I taught your father to sail." Hook spoke up, making Neal raise his brow. "It's because he had just lost his father. I thought the sea would help ease his sorrow." Hook spoke up, making Neal look down at his hands in his lap.

"Wait, you lost your dad?" Henry asked his dad and his aunt, who shared the same dad. Henry was briefly told that Dream's father died, but he did not know the extent.

"Yeah... To something dark and evil. I wasn't much older than you." Neal said to Henry, looking up at him. 

"You see, you might not think you know much about your father, but you have more in common with him than you realize," Hook added, making Dream smile at him. 

He was sweet with Henry. He was making an effort, and all she was doing was pushing away from him. He did not deserve that.

It was that moment that Dream knew exactly what her heart was telling her.

~season 3, episode 16: "It's Not Easy Being Green"~

~1128 words~