Chapter 35: Stage 3

"Ready?" Four asked. Today is the first week of stage 3. I was slightly nervous because Eric, Lilly, and Cole(he was announced leader along with Eric) were also watching. "Do I have a choice?" I countered. The chuckled at my response.

"Remember what I told you." Four muttered. I slightly nodded.Think like a dauntless, not a divergent. Act like a dauntless, not a divergent.

Eric walks up to me a brushes the hair from the shoulder. His cold touch sent goosebumps throughout my body. I glanced at Lily and Cole who were smirking at Eric.

Once he carefully injected me with the serum he looked me dead in the eye.

"Be brave Stormy." I nodded and lightly smiled. Just as I slipped into the simulation I faintly heard Cole say 'go lover boy!'.

I opened my eyes to find myself in the middle of a grassy field. Then, a sudden spark lit up the grass crating a huge fire. Like lightning bolt it sped towards me. I wasn't fast enough though. The sting from the fire spread through my left leg. Suddenly rain started to pour from the sky, hard. I shouted in response. I grabbed my wrist and counted my heart beat and breaths.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

The scene changed. I stood at the edge of the chasm. My loved ones started to yell and insult me. The chasm was right there, I could've easily escaped.

Think like a dauntless, not a divergent. My knees sunk to the ground as tears streamed down my face. After what felt like 10 years the scene changed.

Oh no

I took in the scene infront of me. The older brother was holding his younger sister. Older simulation Stormy came in and whipped the children with her belt. I quietly sobbed as the scene continued. What broke my heart the most was the little girl ran to the corner where I was. She looked me dead in the eyes and took her last breath.

Dead

No life

Her heart stopped.

Then everything went black.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Beep

Beep

Beep

Seriously? How am I always in the hospital? It's like I practically live here. With all my might I slowly opened my eyes.

"SHE'S AWAKE!!" I heard two voices shout. Noor and Luke literally jumped on my bed. I sat up with the help of the two.

"What happened?" I asked them.

"You had an anxiety attack during you simulation." Noor told me with tears in her eyes. Luke noticed this and intwined their hands.

"How long was i out?" I asked while staring at their hands.

"3 days" Luke answered. I smirked.

"I'm guessing that a lot happened." I told them while gesturing towards their hands. Noor blushed and looked always while Luke held a satisfied smirk. Luke's expression suddenly changed as though he just remembered something.