- VALENTINES SPECIAL -

Start from the beginning

How could you possibly be happy when the love of your life left you? You expected to be with them for years and years, until one of you dropped. The two of you shared an apartment together— you had been completely and utterly head over heels for this being.

And now, it was over. It took years of pining after them. Until one day, finally, they noticed you. And they fell pretty hard, too.

Until it all came to an end. Maybe it just had to be that way. Nothing lasts forever.
But you sure thought this would.

"Y/N?" Sun grins, peeking his head around the corner of the play set to see you. "My lovely Sunflower~ how are you doing?"

That question broke you. There was no way of lying, or playing the part to tell him everything was okay. Because quite frankly, it wasn't okay. Nothing was okay.

Tears escaped your eyes as you look down at the floor, quickly wiping them away with your sleeve.

"Honestly," you choked down more tears, but they kept crawling back up. "Horrible." You felt the weakness in your legs, and you took a seat in a chair.

He tilts his head quizzically, frowning a bit down at you.

"What's wrong?! D-Do I need to get some help?! Are you okay?" His frantic questions made you feel all the more worse, knowing now you made your celestial friend freak out.

"(He/she) broke up with me." You speak in a flat tone. "Last night, before bed. When I got home from work, all of (his/her) stuff was out of the apartment." You begin to sob out again.

Sunrise takes a seat beside you, grabbing onto your hand for support. "Oh no! I'm so sorry."

His mind ran through every downloaded scenario in his system. He hadn't dealt with break ups before, since all of the children who came into the daycare were far too young to experience something like this.

Sunrise wasn't exactly sure what to do. He knew humans hurt allot though, when things such as these would happen to them. He had watched tv shows, or listened to conversations the parents had in the room.

But seeing his precious little Gumdrop go through it was far too much for his metallic heart to take.

"I don't even know what to do with myself," you cry out. "I loved (him/her) so much. This hurts so bad." You fold your arms on top of the table, and sink your head into it.

Sun stands, knowing he had to do at least SOMETHING to comfort you.

"Come here." He spoke, lifting your upper body from the table. You obliged, as he took you into his arms, and gave you a hug.

"I'm sorry about all this. I'm trying to be professional. I really gotta give you your antivirus protection," you sniffle your nose, looking up at him.

"No way. It can wait for later." He rocks you softly back and forth. All you wanted was to sleep.

"Mmnh, Sun, I can't. I don't want to get in trouble." You whine.

"Well . . What time do you end your shift?" He tilts his head down at you.

Thinking back, you can't even remember. If you weren't mistaken, it was a shorter shift than usual tonight. You check your Fazwatch, and go through the time schedules.