ten, Tunnel of Love

Börja om från början

"What are you talking about?" Percy inquired.

     "Do you not know any other question?" Sheila retorted. "You've been repeating yourself a bit too much."

Annabeth and Grover shared a look as the latter fed in the quarters and set the knob to FINE MIST. "I-M'ing," he told Percy.

     "Instant messaging?"

"Iris-messaging," Annabeth corrected. "The rainbow goddess Iris carries messages for the gods. If you know how to ask, and she's not too busy, she'll do the same for half-bloods."

     "You summon the goddess with a spray gun?" Percy raised a brow.

Grover pointed the nozzle in the air, and water hissed into a thick white mist. "Unless you know an easier way to make a rainbow."

     Sheila didn't pay attention to the rest, eyes scanning her surroundings. Any patrol cars could put an end to this quest. She ensured her spell continued to work, turning away from the others. No one passing by seemed to glance their way. A girl with red hair in a car looked at Sheila weirdly as she drove by, but Sheila didn't think much of it.

Percy exclaiming Luke's name caused the girl to face her friends. A breath of relief left her as the porch of the Big House shimmered to life. Luke was staring intensely down the meadow. There was an off feeling about this. Sheila noticed his knuckles turning white around the bronze sword she fixed a week ago, meaning he must have been in deep thought. 

     However, she couldn't read his stare. His expression changed quickly as his body snapped around, eyes wide. Sheila was surprised by the distance between them and him. She believed it wouldn't have been as close as this.

"Percy!" Luke's scarred face broke into a grin. "Is that Annabeth, too? And Sheila? Thank the gods! Are you guys okay?"

     "We're fine," Annabeth responded. Sheila moved to stand by her side. "We thought — Chiron — I mean —"

"He's down at the cabins." Luke's smile faded. "We're having some issues with the campers. Listen, is everything cool with you? Is Grover all right?"

     "I'm right here," Grover replied. He held the nozzle out to one side and stepped into Luke's line of vision. "What kind of issues?"

Sheila did her best to listen to Luke's response, but a Lincoln Continental pulled into the car wash and blocked the boy's voice. Its stereo was turned to maximum, causing the bass inside the car wash to vibrate too much and shake the pavement.

     "Chiron had to — what's that noise?" Luke yelled.

"I'll take care of it!" Annabeth shouted back. "Grover, Shei, come on!"

     "What?" Grover frowned. "But—"

"Give Percy the nozzle, and come on!" she ordered.

     Grover muttered something that made Sheila elbow him before handing Percy the nozzle. The three walked toward the other stall. It seemed Annabeth knew what to do. When she spotted the guy, she tapped his car window repeatedly like an annoying child would. Sheila chuckled as an argument began, the guy stepping out of his car to stand before Annabeth, who crossed her arms with an intense attitude.

The guy raised his arms in confusion. "What the hell do you want? I don't have to turn my music down. It's a public space. Now, get outta here," he said, tone raising with each word.

     "Not if you don't turn your music down," Annabeth retorted. "It's so loud it's almost like an earthquake."

"Who do you think you are? The cops?" the guy exclaimed. "I ain't listening to a child who thinks she can tell me what to do."