(Chapter 2) The Meeting

Marinette slowly opened her eyes, rolling out of her bed. Or her couch? Groggily, she looked down, groaning when she realized that she had forgotten to change out of her day clothes from yesterday. 

Crap. 

Her legs dragged against her apartment floor as she made her way to her bedroom, stretching her arms and letting out a loud yawn. She cursed as she tripped over a hallway plant and questioned her balancing skills. 

What time did I go to bed last night?

What time is is now?!

Her eyes shot open, her body finally getting the memo that it needed to wake up. She dashed into her room, shooting a look at the clock on her computer. 

She was late. 

2 hours late. 

Marinette cursed herself for her amazing skill at always being late, practically tearing down her closet door to grab the first thing she saw. 

Well, no. She had more fashion taste then that

Of course when she went to work, she was transformed - speaking of which, where was Tikki? - but that never stopped Marinette from putting on some normal clothes for when she got off work. She grabbed a pastel green blouse, throwing on a cute denim black skirt. Finishing her outfit off with some black Converse high-tops and a silver charm bracelet. She took a quick glance in her mirror, brushing her hair and throwing it back into a ponytail, touching up her mascara afterwards. She had fairly clear skin, so she never felt the need for concealer or any of the typical skin products. 

Marinette was also a fairly trim lady, short but toned given the job she acquired. Her hair was midnight black - hanging just past her shoulders - and her eyes were a brilliant blue. 

She gave herself quick look-over in her mirror and hummed in approval, moving quickly to the kitchen where she found Tikki. 

"Tikki! Hurry! We got to go!" She looked down at the coffee made by her amazing kwami, sighing. "You're the best."

"I'm here to help! - ready when you are", she beamed. 

Marinette called out her transformation, grabbing the coffee cup and downing the whole thing before leaping out of her balcony just outside her living space. She reminded herself to not go too crazy while scaling the rooftops of Paris, given the fact that she had just filled her stomach with liquid. 

Been there, done that. 

Marinette headed in the direction of her work, praying that the Celestial Guardian wouldn't get word of her tardiness. She loved her job, and couldn't imagine her life without it. After highschool, Marinette received a suspicious letter from some unknown company she now knew as the L.O.A. (League of Agents). They had seen her in Martial Arts competitions ever since she was just four years old and recruited her once she became of the required age. Marinette was number one in her class and won every single tournament she participated in (except for one). Because of her exceptional performance, she was continually hounded in letters and emails until she agreed to meeting up with one of the companies representatives. At that moment, she was handed her Miraculous and has thrived in this company as the most highly regarded combatant. 

On that note - she did find it strange that when identities were viewed as confidential information, her company would allow one single person to wield every associate's identity. 

That seemed dangerous. 

She shrugged it off, continuing in her path, trying to stay out of sight from the civilians as she made it to her destination.