AFTERWORD

Whew! Where to begin with this...?

Okay, let's take this one step at a time.

1. Whynnie is a gem. She's another one of those fun-loving, happy-go-lucky characters with a dark secret hiding just below her surface. I enjoyed developing her dynamic with Billiard and exploring her reactions to his wisecracking personality. Their back-and-forth banter was fun to create as well, and fashioning their relationship as a detective duo was an enjoyable new experience. (FYI, I am not testing how many times I can used the words "fun" and "enjoy" here; I just really liked this story!)

2. Introducing the Greek gods brings a whole new power dynamic to Safe Haven. I mean, throwing in Aphrodite, Eros, Hephaestus, Anteros, and a reference to Ares... like, you know Zeus and Athena and everyone else fixing to show up. You already have the Celestials, Protectors, and Conquerors, but now you're also going to have these ancient, super-powerful "deities" with god complexes (much like the Old Ones and Outer Gods). And, of course, as seen in "Heroes", the Founders also exist. Suffice it to say that things are gonna get messy.

3. Last but not least, I must give an honourable mention to Vivsarcheologist on Fandom for providing so much information about the abandoned ZooPhobia canon. Many of my stories would not have happened without them, so thank you, VA!

Extra Note: There is a reference to the "Ethics Committee" in Epilogue I. They are a facet of the SCP Foundation, which makes this another hint pointing to Xirxine being the SCP equivalent in this dimension.

Alright, now for the setup.

As I stated in the Afterword of "Dreamers", the enigmatic organization known as the "Lovers' Society" will be the focus of the next story. They are a... difficult subject. But more on that in the Author's Note. For now, just know this: the Saved have zero tolerance for their ways, and will do whatever is necessary to annihilate them. The Disciples have a new mission—one that must be carried out from the shadows due to the Saved's exposure as a malicious cult. They must uncover the secretive Lovers' Society's hiding place and wipe them off the map—or suffer punishment for failure at the hands of the ever-present Devourer.

Next up: "P O W E R : L O V E R S". (Coming 3/19/22)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

("P O W E R : B R O K E N H E A R T" was written from November 14, 2021 to January 4, 2022.)