Chattering and boisterous laughter filled his ears as he walked further. As he approached the kitchen area, he could hear music. His favourite song was playing; 'When a man loves a woman' by Michael Bolton. It brought back so many memories. It was the same song he and Angela danced to on their wedding day.

He hid in the darkness and peaked from behind to see what was going on. Something didn't feel right. His eyes twisted at what he saw.

He watched as his wife slowly danced with.....Davis? the same man she told him not to worry about all those years ago.

His wife looked as young as ever. She even had a more youthful glow. She looked happy....happier than ever. Their marriage seemed to be filled with constant fights that he can't even remember the last time he saw his wife smile or laugh yet here she is, ten years later, laughing effortlessly with the man she told him not to worry about while dancing to their favourite song.

He wondered she used the song to remember him. Maybe she's trying to fill the aching gap in her heart by being with another man. Pius could only hope. What else could he do at this point?

If she is bad, he can't see it

She can do no wrong

And turn his back on his best friend

If he puts her down

"Does she ever think of me?" Pius asked himself.

He felt his heart clench in his chest as he watched them through blurry tear filled eyes. Ten years was a very long time.

Initially, he planned to reveal himself but he had second thoughts now that he has seen how happy she is without him. She was never happy with him anyway so it'll only be fair to let her be happy with someone else.

"I found the flash drive in her drawer" she told Davis.

"Do you think she's seen the contents?"

"I doubt it. I broke it and threw it away"

"Good. She shouldn't follow in her father's steps. She needs to forget about the stupid theory of his' before it consumes her"

When a man loves a woman

Spend his very last dime

And trying to hold on to what he needs

"That's one of the reasons why I love you. We're always on the same page"

He spinned her around in the kissed her.

*End of flashback*

"Nothing" Pius answered "Nothing's wrong"

Zoe let out a huge sigh. Something was definitely wrong but he didn't want to say anything.

"What happened, Pius? Why were you away for so long?"

"When my wife told me the new born baby had died, I tried to go back an hour into the past to make things right but I got the calculation wrong and went ten years into the past instead"

Zoe gasped in surprise.

"It worked again!"

"I had no equipment to use due to the lack of technological advancement. Also, I had to start and trace back years of calculations all over again"

"How was it like? Did you go back as a boy? Did you meet your past self?"

He shook his head.

"I went in the same body I was in. Coming back, I still got the calculations wrong. That's why I look this old" he explained "I avoided my past self because if I had met him, it would have created a time paradox"