( 𝟎𝟔𝟎 ) escaping enemies

Start from the beginning

Unluckily for Rick and Zoe, the man in question headed straight in the same direction as them, bouncing his ball up and down again as he looked at the bookshelf, not knowing about the two people hiding. Dropping some things to the floor, the man walked onwards again, standing at the doorway to the room that Rick and Zoe were in, throwing the ball he had to the wall and catching it, the father and daughter standing incredibly still as they still hadn't been noticed — Zoe could feel her heartbeat in her chest, beating erratically as she closed her eyes yet again, praying to god that she and her father could get out of this alive and unharmed.
He walked away, Zoe releasing a sigh of relief as she then watched her dad try and open up the window for them to climb out of; even if she broke her legs trying to escape, she would do so, to get away from these men. With the window locked, Zoe began to have no hope that they were going to be able to get out of this house alive, especially since the others wouldn't open, either.

"Claim, claim, claim!" One of the men yelled downstairs, Len shouting back in annoyance that he was trying to sleep, "There's a woman shacking up here!" He yelled again, alerting the others in the group that they could claim another woman.

"Is it blondies clothes? Hers are up here, too." Len shouted, Rick and Zoe hearing him get off of the bed and begin to walk down the stairs, "If they're different woman, you claim her, I claim blondie." He spoke up as he walked down the hallway, Zoe now shivering with how scared she was that the men were passing around claims on women.

"They could be miles away by now." Another men huffed in annoyance, "This one's washed her shirt, though, what's blondies clothes looking like? Could we catch up with her?" He asked, already trying to think of a plan to catch the girl again like their group member had failed to do.

"If she's washed her shirt, they're probably meaning to come back, we can lay claim then, man." Len said, Rick grabbing a trophy from besides them as he looked into the hallway first, disgust clear in his features at how these men were talking about Zoe and Michonne.

When they finally went downstairs, Rick went into their bedroom to get the man's gun, Zoe waiting at the side as he did, but watching him come back into view and push her into the room behind them when they heard yet another guy walk up the stairs. Zoe froze when she looked to the side, seeing yet another man in the same very room they had rushed into; the girl tapped Rick, who instantly went into fight mode, shoving the trophy into the man's stomach the second he stood up, trying to be as silent as possible whilst doing so, but when they were flying around all over the place, they were making way too much noise. The girl didn't want to think about what she was about to do, instead, she just did it. Seeing the man go to grab a pair of scissors, Zoe beat him to it, shoving the blade into the man's neck as Rick held him, the guy instantly beginning to bleed out as her father stripped his body for his gun, aiming it at the door whilst he breathed heavily after the struggle he had just had.

Zoe had killed another, but neither of them could dwell on the subject as they needed to keep their head in the game and get out; so, as Rick was grabbing things off of the man's body, Zoe opened up the window, sighing in relief when it slid open easily, and looking back at her father with a hopeful look. Zoe climbed out as her father took the man's jacket, following his daughter out shortly after as they now stood on the balcony roof, the girl knowing that she was about to have a harder time jumping off than her father was, but none the less, crouched down and waited for her dad to put on the stolen jacket and have a look at the distance from them to the ground. Rick gave her a look, saying that he would go first and catch her when she jumps down, and she nodded, waiting on the roof as the man jumped down and landed as quietly as he could, looking back up at the girl as she began to do the same, making a little more noise than her father, but landing in his arms and crouching down as they listened out to see if they were heard.

Zoe ran forwards first, down the stairs and round the side of the house, knowing that all of the men were in the house, before stopping at the front, hearing the front door open and shut again, the hall bouncing yet again. Right now, Zoe was going to follow behind every movement her father made, knowing that he was better off when it came to figuring out a plan — so they waited again as the man upstairs took a seat on the fence, eating out a can of food as Rick saw Carl and Michonne walking in the distance. He was about to act on it, and kill the man above them, when a walker shouting in the background and a gun shot interrupted his plan, the man now walking back into the house in annoyance as Zoe wiped her forehead to rid the sweat that had begun to form.
Rick grabbed his daughters hand and pulled her along as he knew this was their chance to get the hell out of here, and she followed instantly, the two now sprinting towards Carl and Michonne as they looked shocked to see the young Grimes' girl alive. "Go, go! Later!" Rick ushered, pushing everyone away as telling and gunshots were heard in the distance.

And right now, as much as Zoe wanted to have a nice reunion with her brother and Michonne, she knew that they had to get out of here, even with the tears growing in Carl's eyes as he looked up at his sister, the girl ran forwards, eventually grabbing his hand and squeezing tight, ensuring him that she was okay, that she was with him and they weren't going to be split up again..
The second they reached the train tracks and knew that they were a safe distance away from the men back at the house, Carl launched himself into his sisters arms, the girl holding him right as tears fell from her eyes. "You're alive." Carl mumbled into her chest, not wanting to let go, "We thought you died." He told her, remembering how he felt when they thought the girl was dead, and never wanting to feel that again, "How did you find us?" He asked, finally pulling away as they began walking again, the boy never letting the girls hand go.

Zoe returned Michonne's smile as she was pulled along by Carl, "I guess fate brought me to you." She replied, wishing that it were the case — she wasn't going to tell him about the group of men and what she had to do, she couldn't stand the thought of him looking at her any differently, especially now that she had killed two, the other to save her fathers life. Letting go of his hand, she rested her arm over the boys shoulder, tapping his hat playfully as she did so, about to sofas up again, when they paused, seeing a sign on the wall next to them.

"What do you think?" Michonne asked, looking towards Rick for an answer, as did Zoe and Carl.

"Let's go." Rick told the three of them, knowing that it was the best option they all had.

So they did, reading the sign and the map, and following along the train tracks, praying for sanctuary.