Put Down Your Masks- XXVII

The Family was quiet. You had tried to excuse yourself, but Abuela had asked you to stay as a witness of some sort. Her face was stony, angry almost. Pepa had to return to her room, Felix following her with a worried expression. If she stayed it would have flooded.

Dolores kept Antonio in his room, hearing Camilo's warning about what had just happened. He still stuck by you, despite looking as if he was torn between comforting his mother or holding your hand. You had tried to tell him it would be okay if he left, but he insisted.

Mirabel had been staring at her hand the entire time. She looked expressionless, having cried out all the tears and grief. Luisa huddled by their father, who refused fo look at his wife. Isabella had eventually entered as well, immediate hoards of thorny vines of somber blue painting the walls in her stupor.

"Y/n. Mirabel." The gaze Abuela sends is hostile. Her brows are overly creased, as if to hide the sadness behind her irises. Camilo coughs beside you, transforming into a multitude of different people. He couldn't seem to stop as leaned his head on your back. He was still shaking.

"What did you see." Mirabel doesn't reply. her eyes look tired. She only stared into her hands, listless. "Mirabel!"

The girl doesn't even blink. Isabella cowered from behind Luisa and Agustin as Abuela raised her voice. No one seemed to be able to cope properly with the horrible murder. The elders fierceness wavers, before she continues to yell.

"You're not doing anything! We're all trying to figure out what happened, and the least you can do is at least tell me, Y/n! Did you see anyone?"

"N, no, no-" You manage to choke out. the hand that Camilo attempts to hold you with is still constantly shifting.

"Luisa! You saw her first so did you-"

"Thats enough." Agustin had finally spoken up. His voice stern. "You're scaring them."

Abuela's nostrils flare. She looks to want to retaliate, but as her eyes dart to the sobbing kids, then back to you and Camilo, her scowl softens. She dismisses you with a wave and a  promise that you wouldn't tell about what happened that night.

By the time you were by Casita's door, Camilo had managed to get control over his constant turning. He tried for a smile, one that you didn't return. His demeanor fell.

The walk to your house was quiet. You felt that if you talked, all the built up tears would fall. It was the same for the male who bit his lip. It wasn't long before you had arrived by your house. You didn't enter and Camilo didn't leave. The two of you stood there, taking comfort in each others precence.

He hugged you suddenly, burrowing his face into your neck. You can feel his hot, shaky breathes  His arms wrap around you tightly. Your try to see his face but he wont budge, staying in the position you were in.

"Ca, Camilo," You cleared your throat. The male pressed his lips to your skin, and heat travelled back up to your cheeks. "Camilo... Lets go inside."

Even as you opened the door he latched himself onto you. All the way until finally you were sat on a chair. except he lay perched above you. His body pushing against yours.

"Theres, theres no one here.." You mutter softly as you played with his hair. He nodded, kissing across your collarbone. The action made you squirm. "Camilo... you dont have to be, to be happy, tonight. you can be, you have, have every right to be, sad."

It was a cheesy sentence, but that was all it took for him to break down in your embrace. His body shook and shifted while his sobs echoed through the empty home. Camilo clung even on even harder- if that was even possible. He snivelled into your chest like a little child.

His hands grasp and tug and your shirt, balling them in his fists. You didn't know what else sort of comfort you can offer, and so you spoke softly, coaxing him to reply. His voice is hoarse, occasionally he'll also hiccup, transforming into someone else before back to himself.

Its a while before he can get out words, the only noises that left his throat where quiet whimpers. Your heart broke seeing him in such a vulnerable state.

"She was, she was like a second mother to me.." You toy with his curls, waiting for him to continue. "I can't- Who would- who would do that?"

"I don't, I dont know but, we'll, we'll, find them?" Camilo nods weakly nodded. You look down to see his face, noting that his head was laying directly on your chest. It made you flush, but you berated yourself. Dont think about stupid things during serious moments, you thought hotly.

The two of you had laid there for a long while. Until eventually the street lights had closed. Camilo hadn't gotten up at all, the only sign of him being awake would be his soft humming. You didn't want him to go home too late, you worried that the killer might still be near by.

"Camilo, Camilo you have to, have to go."

"Says who?" He shuffled slightly, but still didn't let you go.

"It'll get too, too late, better you, you get home now.." You frowned. The male gazed up at your through his lashes. He wore a pout, almost enough to convince you to have him spend the night.

A knock sounded out, but before the two of you can get it, the door had already swung open. Camilo stiffens, eyes darting to the sound. He looked like a startled cat. His mother and father had entered.

"Camilo! where have you been-"

"Mi vida, please don't yell, y/n is here."

Felix butt in, placing a hand by his wife's shoulder. She frowns before sighing. Pepa looks around, then back to the two of you. Camilo had sat up, tensely waiting.

"Camilo, it's a hard time for all of us, but you still have to get home by curfew!" She scolded. The male guilty nodded. Despite her firm tone her lips shook, and she had on a somber expression. "And y/n dear, your parents aren't home are they? Do you wnat to spend the night with us?"

Camilo turns to you expectantly. His eyes seemed to want you to take the offer. You shake your head, however. As much as you wanted to go, you still needed to wait for your mother and father to arrive.

"Thanks, Thanks, senora Pepa, but, I should probably, probably wait for my parents."

Felix smiles and gestures for his son to walk over to where he stood. Camilo does this begrudgingly, staring at you with a wounded gaze. Eventually they had left, and with the quiet that lasted maybe an hour or more, you had wished that maybe you decided to go.

A noise finally resounded by the door and you immediately stand up. As you went to answer it, the realization that your parents don't knock didn't dawn to you.