Proper Meeting With Mirabel- XII

Just as you were left in a dust, someone taps you. Which in turn makes you flinch, another alarmed noice slipping out your mouth. It's the girl with the glasses.

"oh, sorry! I didn't mean to startle you-" She explains with hands straying around to somehow help her explain better. "I Don't know if you remember me, but I'm Mirabel!"

She points to herself but it isn't long until she continues talking again. "you hang around my Primo Camilo alot, and there totally nothing wrong with that but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me now? I mean there's nothing wrong with saying no to that either but if you'd like and I'm not being a bother then-"

"okay," You smile at her. Mirabel lets out a relieved sigh. She probably was not going to stop anytime soon if you didn't stop her. Which was fine. Her frantic demeanor felt calming in such a sense.

"That's great! I need help setting up all the decorations and whatnot, if you don't mind?" the girl hands you a part of the bunting, which while she stood normally, you needed to reach up slightly just to get it upright perfectly.

"It's a big night for Antonio, and I mean he's been so worried about everything," Mirabel sighs. You recall the little boy and realized how he seemed to figet with his hands much more. This whole gift ceremony must be tough on all of them. "With the last ceremony being a total fluke there so much pressure on him! Did you know that Abuela had him practice what he was supposed to do until he couldn't stay up?"

You drink up all her words as she continues to ramble. You haven't done this in awhile, listened so very intently. It reminded you of when your mother would tell you stories of how Encantos came to be- you frowned. What? Last you remember your parents rarely belived in such things. So why do you so vividly remember her talking about with with such vigor-

"y/n? Y/n? Sorry am I boring you? You can talk if you want too! So... What's up?" Her voice alarms you a little, and Mirabel leans into a potted plant, which happen to slip, which in turn made her fall. "Oof, ow, don't mind me haha, just carry on, I'm listening-"

It made you smile endearingly at her. To be fair you didn't look to be friends with Mirabel. She felt too happy and eccentric. Which was probably better than the other more reserved madrigals but you didn't look to be friends with them either. Her clumsiness made her so much more human that her family's controlled movements or speech. Aside from Camilo maybe, he felt different from them too.

"no it's okay, I like, I like to listen," Mirbel jolts up and surprises you again.

"Wow you get surprised a lot don't you? I've been meaning to ask a lot of people but no one seems to listen, anyway..."

You spent all of the afternoon listening and laughing with Mirabel before you see that familiar yellow colour dart by the corner of your eyes.

" Ah, there you are! I've been looking for you everywhere!" His voice alone is enough to make you smile. The butterflies in your stomach felt more like birds who wanted out of their cage. "Thank you for taking care of mi Hermosa."

"Heyy, Camilo!" Mirabel waved from behind you. He grins widely at the two of you and ruffles your hair.

"Did you miss me while I was gone?"

His voice dipped down lower at the end of his sentence, and you freeze up. Again like the many times before the red seemed to crawl up from your neck and into your ears. You couldn't face him, not like this.

"y/n? Are you okay?" Camilo raises his eyebrows at her statement, nudging you slightly. A quiet 'meep!' left your lips as you stiffened at his touch.

"Did you catch a cold Hermosa?" before you can reply he's slipping off his rauna and handing it to you. "I'll walk you home today, if thats alright?"

"Yeahh, now where were we y/n?" Mirabel continued complaining about some of the more 'ridiculous' boys with no manners. Your eyes only remained glued to Camilo as he walked away. His shirt underneath was fairly tight fitting. It looked so... Good on him.

"y/n? What're you- oh, I see~" At her easing tone you immediately turn a darker red and frantically wave your arms around.

"no, no, no, no-"
"I wasn't saying anything?" She's feigning innocence. You swear to God the madrigals will kill you with a heart attack.

By the time the moon was high you and Mirabel had finished with decorations, however she told you more intricate ones would be placed up tomorrow. She bid you good bye and called for Camilo.

I still have the rauna... It smelt like him. There isn't a word to describe it. It's a scent you directly trace back to the boy. Slightly masculine with a tinge of mint aroma that you assumed was his shampoo or soap. And the material itself was soft, light weight.

"Hermosa!" Camilo is running to you now, smiling. He's waving too, as if trying to get your undivided attention. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting. Now if you would?"

He dramatically pushes open the doors and the sunlight filters through, making the scene only more magical. Your hand is encased in his, and he bows down to press his lips unto your fingers. You don't even have time to be flustered as he chuckles and drags you across with him, looking back occasionally from his run to see your bewildered face.

It wasn't long before you had reached your house, and suddenly the distance disappointed you. Perhaps your walk could've lasted for longer.

"so Hermosa," Camilo still holds your hand, squeezing it lightly. "you'll be my date for the ceremony tomorrow? I have only one dance and I'm saving it for you~"

Okay now you could be flustered. You never know if you'll tire of this feeling. The feeling of being in the clouds, as your stomach fluttered while he awaited your reply. God his eyes look magical at night. Or maybe it was only the fact that it was him, Camilo, that was enough to send your heart into a frenzy.

"Okay, okay, okay," you repeat. No matter how many times you say it, it doesn't feel real, it doesn't feel tangible. But when a smile broke out on his face you swear you could burst.

"I look forward to tomorrow," The grin couldn't be wiped off Camilos face even if he tried. He's the first to pull away, albeit reluctantly.

"Camilo!"
"hm-"

Before he could talk anymore you press a kiss to his cheek before running to the door, your own face burning. You don't look behind as you yell goodbye, but you left a bemused boy behind, eyes wide and smile widening even more.