13 : 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒

Începe de la început

"I suppose so."

Y/N stretched and changed the subject, yawning in the process.

"I'm so heading straight to bed once we get home.I'm pooped."

"Me too." I added in.

I found it nice though, hearing that she called it 'home' and not 'your place'.

"I think I might have a beer first though. Want one?"

I asked.
She shook her head.

"No thanks. The bed is calling my name."

We made it home shortly after and went inside.
Once we walked in though, there was a small piece of paper lying just inside of the front door.

We both raised a brow, but Y/N bent down and grabbed it after seeing her name on the front of it. Slowly she opened it up while I turned on a light.

"Who's it from?"
I asked, curious.

Yet I became very concerned once I saw the color drain from her face and her hands began to shake.

"Lee?"

I asked again, taking a step closer to her.
She jumped and looked up at me, fear in her eyes.

"N-Nothing."

she quickly stuttered and folded the paper so I couldn't read it.

"I'm just tired, that's all."

I narrowed my eyes.

"Nice try, but I can see past that lie of yours. What does it say!?"

I asked a bit more sternly.
After a moment of thought and it looked like she was still debating it, Y/N reached out and held the paper to me. I nodded and took it from her, opened it and read it carefully.

My eyes went wide in shock as I read the words. There wasn't much there, but the message was clear.
The man that hit her before and held her at gunpoint wanted his money.

On time. Next week.
Or we would both be in danger.

I glared at the paper, feeling anger fill my chest.

That man was threatening me!?

Y/N!?

I looked to her and saw her fear and concern.
It was nice to know that she had come to care for me in the short time we had been married, but I wasn't going to back down with a fight.

"Lee, don't worry. I will keep you safe. This man doesn't know who he's messing with. I don't take lightly to threats like this."

She nodded but didn't say anything.
I sighed and realized there was no use worrying about it tonight. That would be a matter of tomorrow.

"Go ahead and get some rest, I'll be there shortly."

Once again listening, she walked away from me and into the bedroom.

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

I had stayed up only a little while longer, drinking a beer and trying to figure out how to go about this.

This was serious.

Finally after giving up, I went and changed into some boxers and climbed into bed.

As I laid there, I peeked over at Y/N and found her fast asleep, but with a hard face and she was talking lightly in her sleep.

"No... no.. stop..."

she whispered into the air.
Her curly hair that was once tame today was wild and all over the pillows and across her face.

I turned onto my side and watched her carefully.

Her body was sweaty as well as shivering.
Damn, did she still have the chills? Yet, she slightly moved and seemed to be deep in a nightmare.

I looked down and found that the barrier she usually kept between us was gone.
My eyes went back to to her face. As she called out again, I couldn't help but gently reach out and gently move the hair from her face.
As soon as I got it out of the way, taking my time and taking in her soft skin, I froze as I saw a tear fall down her cheek.

I didn't like seeing her cry.

That nagging feeling inside of me wanted to pull her against me again and just hold her, as she had asked me to do when we first met.

Should I do that?

No... I needed to keep my distance. She didn't want me holding her in bed...

"Please... no..."

she whispered as she sobbed again.

"Fuck it."

I growled to myself lightly. I came closer and from under the covers I slid my arm around her and pulled her against my chest. Her skin was like fire and I could feel her damp shirt.

Wait...

I looked closer under the dark light and realized she was wearing one of my grubby t-shirts again. I small smile crept onto my lips at the sight. I pulled her closer as she began to sob again.
After a few minutes of holding her she still wasn't calming down. I didn't know what to do now, or if this was even
helping.

I just knew I was enjoying her against me a little too much.
Not really wanting to let go of her, she finally began to calm down a bit, but her face still displayed a bitter look.

Then as if one name on her lips could stab my soul, she spoke it.

"Namjoon?"

I went stiff.
That name.
Namjoon.

I couldn't believe how much that name hurt.

This woman, this amazing woman was in my arms, and I was trying to comfort her and protect her, but called
out for him?

Just as suddenly as I was about to pull away, I felt her completely relax against me and snuggle her head against my chest in comfort.

Her tears stopped and her face became peaceful.

I felt used, even if she was asleep and didn't know what she was talking about. Yet, I guess she was still in love with him.

I mean, it wasn't that long ago that-

"..No.. Jungkook."

she whispered with certainty and I froze.

Did she... just say my name?
Was she... dreaming about me?

Even though the sting of her calling me Namjoon was still slightly there, the way she corrected herself and felt more at ease and snuggled up against me more when she said my name instead, I felt my something stir inside of me.

What was this woman doing to me?