Chapter 40: Grandkid roundup!

(Chapter 40... I cannot believe how far this story has come. If you enjoy this fanfic I have other Camilo fanfics like the one above, so be sure to check them out on my profile if you're looking for something else to read while your waiting for more of this story to come out! Enjoy another chapter you beautiful people<3)

Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE:

Dinner was... Interesting. Everyone talked about the baby that'll be coming and Camilo kept glancing nervously over at me while my ma talked excitedly. Carlos and his family suggested baby names and my ma wrote down all the good ones.

"That's finally over," Camilo said relived. We were walking back to his place. My ma and Carlos tried to convince me to stay in a room over there they had set up but I refused politely.

"What do you think of them?" I asked, wanting his opinion.

"Well the twins Tae and Tray are 'like', totally rude, the deaf old couple are fun to listen to, Bruno would love them, Carlos's mom is sweet but quiet, I didn't see her husband so I think that has something to do with all the black she wears and the far off look she has in her eyes sometimes. The chaotic sister of Carlos found an equally chaotic guy to marry and had the goth twins, Mark the silent one with a talkative wife who had a gassy daughter who hoards all the cookies. Don't even get me started on Carlos's brother, Brandon, he married the one named Christa who constantly has to yell at her kids Pete, Martha, Landon, and Lukis to stop giggling. I mean, how is snorting up pasta funny?!" Camilo shook his head.

"I didn't learn anyone's name the whole time I was sitting there, I was too busy listening to the possible trash names for my replacement- I mean, sister," I corrected myself. Camilo kissed the top of my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

"Then I guess I'll just have to steal you away from your new family and keep you in mine forever,"

"That sounds like a plan," I smiled. It was a clear night so the stars were nice and visible.

(GRANDKID ROUND UP! Here's the confusing family tree of Carlos's family:

Carlos's mother: Misty(Misty Eyes) Husband: Dead but his name's Tristan,

and they had: Chaotic Erica, Brandon, and Candy Man Carlos (They're all in order from oldest to youngest for kids.)

Chaotic Erica married Chaotic Jonathan,

and the Chaotic duo had: Silent Mark, Goth Tae, and Goth Tray the forever single twins.

Silent Mark (The Chaotic Duo's kid) married Talkative Samantha and they had the gassy cookie hoarder Janette.

Brandon married Yelling Christa,

and they had Pete The Pasta Snorter, Martha The Knee Slapper(My brother slaps his knee when he laughs sometimes), Landon The Girly Laugher, and Lukis Want A Kis Kis? They are all still a little too young to date and are less than a year apart in age.

AND THAT'S THE GRANDKID ROUNDUP!)

"Want to sleep under the stars tonight?" Camilo asked.

"Sure,"

"I'll get the blankets and pillows, wait here," He said, leaving me outside his house. I focused on the moon and the brighter stars. Camilo came back out of breath with his arms bulging with a pile of fluffy blankets and big pillows. I helped him bring the stuff to the side of the house near the field where there was less light. The soft outline of palm trees and the taller village houses were visible to the faint glow of candlelight everywhere. The village was even prettier at night. I helped Camilo layout one of the big blankets and then we piled up a bunch of pillows around where we were going to lay down and then piled the blankets on top of ourselves. He held me in his arms and we snuggled into each other as we looked up at the stars. The soft sound of crickets playing an orchestra and the humming sound of swaying leaves. The outside was a little cool but under the blankets, we were in a little warm cocoon.

"I forgot how nice it is out here during the night," Camilo said, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"We should sleep out here more often," I said, his arms pulled me in by my waist so I was surrounded by him. He smelled lightly of wood and something masculine.

"How are you feeling about Carlos?"

"I don't know, a little better when I'm out here with you, I think I can get along with him now after seeing how happy my mom was with his family,"

"You're too perfect, you know that?" He said.

"I'm far from it," I said.

"Really? I see someone who always puts others happiness above their own, someone who says just the right thing in every situation even if you don't mean it, someone who moves with magic in every step, someone whose eyes could make someone content with just looking in them, someone who's voice would be the most beautiful thing to a blind person, I see perfect, when you see imperfect, when you think you're not enough, I see more than enough. If you told me the world was ending I'd be good because I'd see you right after in Heaven. You could think you're far from perfect but I think you've passed perfect,"

"Oooo, that hit home,"

"Good, that's what I was aiming for," He whispered, holding me like I was the most precious person in the world.

"You know, I think you're perfect too," I said.

"Oh really?" He teased.

"Yeah, you're funny, and such a flirt, but it makes my heart do this little pitter-patter thing. You think you need to be someone else to make people happy, but you couldn't be anyone but you to make me the happiest person alive. Sometimes I wish I could give you my eyes so that you could see that if my world revolved around one person, it'd be you," He moved his head so he could look me in the eyes, I could see his shining.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"No, only my boyfriend can," I joked.

"I am your boyfriend,"

"Then what's taking you so long?" I asked, bringing our lips together myself. And that's when I knew for certain, he was my everything.

(This was a really cheesy and romantic chapter, I can't say how proud of myself I am, this is literally art in its purest form, not to brag, how does my own fanfic make me fall deeper in love with a fictional character? If I don't find someone that makes me feel this way in real life I'll cry my heart out. No joke, my friends say it's a phase but I don't think it is, when I have kids which I hope I do, and I make them watch Encanto until they can rehearse it line by line, I will have them know that I would have married Camilo if he was real, no questions asked, I wouldn't have even needed a ring or a wedding, just him. Thank you so much for reading, bet you enjoyed this chapter, I love you all, have a great rest of your night/day! Mwah! <3)

- Author Out! <3

Word count: 1208