Chapter 3: The bet

(If you're still sticking with this story, you're amazing, thanks for reading this! I hope to become an author one day so I think of this as practice! Don't be afraid to shoot me some feedback, it'd be really helpful! I know there are probably spelling mistakes I missed, so if you can't think of what word I meant to write, comment on it and I'll help you out! Again, thank you for reading this, it means so much to me! Ok, onto the story you lovely people!)

More than ten kids were sitting on the floor on the other side of the curtains.

"Remember, they're kids, us just being here makes them happy," Camilo assured me as I got in position.

... (Time skip brought to you by Camilo's charms that all lead you all to read this and for me to write this in the first place.)

Camilo was right, the kids were laughing and interested in the play the whole time. We were on the last scene, the wedding scene. I had gotten the wedding dress on and was ready. Camilo smirked at me as we got into our positions.

"Finally, the part I've been waiting for, you ready Princesa?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and the curtains opened. My eyes shot open when I saw Camilo's whole family sitting down on the floor behind the children. Camilo followed my gaze and he looked confused.

"You didn't think you'd get married without us to witness it, did you hijo?" Felix teased Camilo.

"Shhh, you're embarrassing him!" Pepa hissed at her husband.

"I'm sorry about them, if you don't want to continue..." I looked at the kids and my mom who looked eager for us to finish the story.

"Eugene Fitzherbert, I promise to love you in sickness and in health and past death for all eternity! I give you this ring to symbolize the link connecting us." I continued with the written script. Camilo got the message and I put the ring on his finger.

"Repunzel, I promise to love you in sickness and in health and past death for all eternity! I give you this ring to symbolize the link connecting us." He repeated. He switched his identity to one of a priest.

"You may kiss the bride," He said in a raspy old voice, closing the old bible. Camilo changed back into himself and he kissed my cheek. The kids cheered and we held hands to take a bow. There were hoots from his family along with whistling. I laughed.

"Your family is embarrassing," I teased him.

"Oh, trust me, I know," He said, rolling his eyes with the same smirk on his face.

"So, now you're my princesa,"

"No, that was just a play, tonta," I said, poking his chest and tilting my head with a sneaky smile on my face.

{Tonta-silly}

"Why didn't you tell us you two were putting a play on together?" My mom asked, smiling.

"Well, it was supposed to be a kid-only audience," I said.

"You guys really got into the part! It was really good!" Maribel gushed.

"Right, Y/n looks great in a wedding dress," Camilo teased.

"You only wish it was our wedding," I teased him back.

"And what if I do, would you really marry me?" He asked, a playful tone underlining his voice.

"You're such a flirt, I said, poking his chest and looking back at my mom, who had the goofiest smile on her face. Oh no, this meant lots of questions about what I thought of Camilo later. Pepa and her husband Felix came up to their son.