Chapter 36: Antonio needs some help

CAMILO'S PERSPECTIVE:

"Camilo, wake up, Camilo, I need your help!" Antonio's small voice shook me awake softly.

"What are you doing up? Is it just me or does it seem too early for anyone to be up?"

"My friends, they're coming over today! I rubbed my eyes and looked over at Y/n still asleep. Lucky her.

"Who's coming over?" I asked.

"You know! My friends!" Sure, and I was supposed to know them all by name. Didn't Mirabel mention something about a kid who drank coffee, a girl who announced things, and one who couldn't relax? She called them the 'Kid Treo' right? Whoever, and whenever, they were coming, it was too early to be up right now.

"Go back to sleep," I said, laying back down.

"Nooo, I need your help! Amilia's going to be coming too!" Ugh, he was right, he needed help and I was the only one who could help him.

"Fine, let's go to your room, I don't want Y/n waking up, she needs to sleep," He smiled excitedly, taking my hand and padding out of my room and down the hallway.

"So, what exactly do you need help with?" I asked, yawning.

"I don't know what I'm going to say to her,"

"For starters 'hi' that's always a good start. Second, just ask her how she's doing and what she did last night, easy peasy, now pretend I'm the real Amilia and start talking," I said, shifting into Amilia and smiling at Antonio. He was blushing.

"Um, hi, how are you doing last night?" I shook my head, shifting back and bending over on my knees to talk with him.

"You have to ask how she's doing and then ask how her night was,"

"Ok, ok, I got it this time, let's go again," I nodded, shifting again.

"Hi, how are you?"

"I'm good," I responded.

"How was your night?"

"Good, what about you?"

"It was good...Want to see my army of rats?" I shifted back into myself.

"Sounds like you've got your own kind of charms, you don't even need my help, just be yourself, use that conversation starter and you'll be good to go!" I patted his shoulder, turning to retreat back to my bed.

"But what do I wear?!" Antonio grabbed the back of my poncho and held me back.

"What you're wearing right now, what's wrong, you scared?" I asked.

"Yeah, I need you," He gave me those cute puppy eyes no person with feelings could resist. I should have turned into a worm and dug deep underground, at least there I could go back to sleep.

"Fineee, come, you can pick something out in my costume room," I said, letting him crawl up my leg and swing to hitch a ride on my back.

"I'm not an animal you know?" I joked. He laughed innocently. We got to the costume room where Antonio looked at many of the clothes his size.

"I want to wear the same outfit you're wearing!"

"Why?" I asked, thinking because I was awesome he'd finally started looking up to me.

"Because Y/n likes you and you wear that every day," I frowned. He sure knew how to give compliments. I looked around for my old clothes from when I was his age and gave him the outfit.

"There, anything else?" I asked.

"Nope, I'm ready now, thanks Camilo!" He smiled brightly and proudly took the clothes with him out of my room. I made my way back to bed.

"You thought he asked for your clothes because you think you're awesome, didn't you?" Oh, so now she was awake.

"Do you read minds or something?" She snickered.

"Nah, you just had that look on your face,"

"What look?" I asked.

"The one where you're thinking you're awesome," She teased.

"Well, I am thank you-"

"There's the face again,"

"Yeah, and you're making the face that's telling me you know everything and I'm not winning my awesome points this time," I said. She tilted her head in fake contestation.

"Fine, you can have one awesome point," I smiled.

"Thank you Princesa, I think I deserve two, but one will do for now," She got up from the bed and re-did her hair, using her fingers to comb through it and then tying it back up.

"I'm hungry, you?" She asked. I took her hand.

"You have no idea, I'm always hungry," She laughed.

"Of course you are," We went down to Julieta who was reading a book at the kitchen counter.

"The old couple's up, let me guess, Camilo's hungry and he's dragging our dear Y/n around?" I put a hand to my chest, slightly offended.

"I would never drag her around! And anyway, she's the one who said she was hungry first," I said, taking a seat on the counter.

"Ok, ok, whatever you say, how does fruit salad sound for breakfast,"

"That sounds great," Y/n said.

(Short and sweet, have a great rest of your day/night!)

- Author Out! <3

Word count: 909