Chapter 3: He Blushes!

Syaoran face-faulted and Sakura sweatdropped, blushing.

"I'm WHO?!" Syaoran intonated angrily. Sakura ducked her head, embarrassed, and gripped her shawl.

Syaoran growled and slammed his fist on the arm of the chair he's sitting in, temporarily forgetting to whom he's talking with.

Fujitaka sighed. "I better tell you about soul partners." He motioned for Rizurel to come beside him. The magician complied.

"19-16, 15-18-9-7-9-14, 2-12-1-3-11, 13-1-7-9-3." Fujitaka commanded in codes. Rizurel sighed himself and called his Krii Staff.

Fontania formed a small puddle in front of Syaoran and Rizurel tapped the surface of the water with the end of his staff.

Suddenly, a picture of a cave appeared.

Fujitaka began his speech.

"Hundreds of years ago, various dragon races rule over Wedromone. There were dragons for each element and compound, every substance and form, with all levels of intellectuality and battle power."

A dragon similar to Farziilus emerged from the mouth of the cave and greeted an unfamiliar peach-coloured dragon. The stranger dragon was cute, with flowers all over its body.

Farziilus, seeing his 'ancestor', roared and stomped his feet. His waving body coloured a deep red. Touya patted the saddle on Farziilus's head sadly and the dragon grunted, before turning its back to the puddle.

The picture in the puddle wavered slightly before re-focusing again, now showing a group of colourful dragons drinking from a pond.

There were a series of buzzing and small roars from the group in the picture, clearly they are talking in a different language. The picture shook again before showing a fighting scene between two gigantic golden dragons. They were delivering huge, round fireballs to each other, and as the fight intensifies to a more gory death battle, the puddle rippled.

"Despite the rare battles, the dragons respected one another, and they lived in silent peace. The stronger races helped the less fortunate ones with food supplies and shelter, and the lodger race would return the favour by teaching the young ones of both races about the world, astronomy and prophecies. Nonetheless, every race has its own specialty."

The puddle pictured a scene where a female dragon was taking care of eggs, while another male dragon was teaching a group of young dragons about the stars.

"But all these luxuries were to end one day, and the day for this generation of dragons," Fujitaka pointed to the cluster of dragons in the puddle, "... was drawing near."

Now the puddle illustrated a humongous golden dragon roaring to the moon, standing tall over a pile of broken dragon eggs, split in half. Brown-coloured liquid seeped into the soil, bringing the lives of the offspring of the dragons with them.

Now almost all of the real dragons, for example; even Xartamus, that were previously huddling around the puddle backed away, fear and sadness claiming their eyes. Syaoran frowned and shook his head.

[They must be feeling the same as those dragons in the past...] He thought pitifully. Fujitaka gestured for everyone else to bring their dragons into the palace, for fear that they might not be able to handle the pressure.