Chapter 7: Mon Amour

4 Days to the Journey

-SYAORAN'S BEDROOM-

Bright sunlight slithered through the green curtains, crashing down upon Syaoran's calm face. The prince himself was slightly pale, but he was breathing evenly, sleeping like a nursed baby. His arm is now bandaged properly, and he was wearing loose-fitting trousers.

The Royal Healer, Yukito, smiled secretly at the sight of a tired Sakura, napping beside Syaoran. Her body was over the green comforters, and she was facing the Li prince.

'Poor Sakura-chan. She had been looking after Li-san all night.' Yukito sighed and picked up his medicine bag. Peering at the large sun dial in the gardens below, he yawned.

"It's almost half-past eight." He shrugged, "I'll bring their breakfast up." He left through the door silently, walking towards the kitchens.

Meanwhile, Syaoran was stirring awake. He woozily opened his eyes, focusing on the immaculate white ceiling above him. He groaned, his hand flying to his forehead.

"I feel dizzy..." He muttered lazily, releasing the breath he had unconsciously been holding. He turned to his side for a more comfortable position.

His breath hitched.

The first thing that registered in his mind was: 'beautiful'.

Sakura was breathing calmly, her lips curved into a small, content smile. Her eyelids concealed her green eyes, and strands of auburn hair falling over her milky-skinned face. She was wearing a thick nightgown, loosely hanging from her body.

Syaoran instantly turned a deep scarlet.

He realized that the upper part of his body was unclothed, and panicked.

'Did we do anything? I remember kissing her... did that lead to- no, must not think.' He pinched his ribs.

Syaoran could feel himself heating up rapidly. As he stared at the princess's smiling face, he couldn't resist touching her cheeks.

'Just... for... a second...' He told himself absently.

The moment the tips of his fingers made contact with her soft skin, Syaoran felt a warm, fuzzy feeling vibrating within him.

His finger traveled to feel her luscious pink lips without him knowing. His conscience snapped awake, and he retracted his hand immediately, falling off the bed from the sudden force.

"H-Hoee?" Sakura muttered sleepily, rubbing her eyes, awakening. She sat up slowly, and opened one eye.

She suddenly saw Syaoran's dazed form lying on the floor.

"Li-kun?!" Sakura leaped off the bed and rushed to Syaoran's side, checking his wounded arm worriedly.

"You should be more careful! Your arm isn't fully healed yet!" And it was then that Syaoran felt the pain shooting from his injury.

"Shoot!" He yelled, closing his eyes in extreme pain.

Yukito came dashing in. Denaii bumped into his back and fell with a loud 'thump' on the floor, on her butt.