She wanted my shirt. I nodded with a sympathetic smile and helped her pull her shirt off. I pulled off my black shirt and helped her arms through the large arm holes.

Pulling the covers as she climbed under. I walked to the door and closed it, making sure to leave it unlocked incase Rylan needed anything.

I peeled the covers back and slipped myself under the covers with her, the moment my back hit the mattress Ariya planted her body on top of mine. Her arms wrapping themselves around my torso, her head on my chest with her feet tucked between my calfs.

Her hair pressed into my nose as the nostalgic smell of her strawberry shampoo invaded my nostrils. I smiled to myself, remembering when the smell wore away from her hair tie.

I waited until her breaths became uneven and she was asleep.

Taking my finger and brushing her hair away from her face, I brushed my thumb over her forehead and pressed my lips lightly on her skin.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

-

Ariya

I felt a shake at my arm before forcefully pulling my eyes open. I realized my arms had been around Khyson and quickly removed myself off him before seeing Rylan at the end of the bed. I sat up and nodded.

"Yeah, baby, what's wrong, are you okay?" I asked, bringing his face in with my hands.

"I threw up."

"What? Where?" I asked, peeling the covers off and standing up, rubbing my eyes. I followed Rylan through the dark apartment as he led me into his room. I flipped the light on and spotted the vomit on his bed.

Motherhood is great.

I walked him back into my room and under my covers. Shaking Khyson awake he groaned before nodding.

"Rylan's not feeling well can you just make sure he's okay I need to go clean off the vomit off his sheets." I squinted down at him due to the immense light of the room.

"Yeah of course." He nodded.

"Here, go lay down, okay? You need to throw up again?"

He shook his head as I felt his forehead with the back of my palm.

He's warm.

"I'll stay with him, go."

I remember Khyson's grandmother telling me this trick to get the smell of vomit out of sheets, using some vinegar with the wash water. I remember when Khyson got the stomach flu and he threw up all over me. My clothes retched for days.

I wrapped the sheets up and slid some flip flops on before heading down into the basement. Considering it was two in the morning I don't think anyone would be down here. I stuffed the load into the machine and turned it on the highest setting.

I made my way back up and unlocked the door.

When I rounded the hall into my room I took in the sight of Rylan laying his head on Khyson's chest, a wet rag laid over his forehead.

"He's burning up." Khyson whispered.

"I'm gonna run out to the drug store and pick up some kids Benadryl for him, okay?"

"Stay with him, I'll go, it's late." Khyson nodded.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

I watched him stand up before awkwardly turning to me before I realized I was wearing his shirt. I quickly apologized before pulling it off.

Until I was standing there in my bra and shorts. I rushed over to my dresser and pulled a tank on. He grabbed his wallet and left before I got into bed with Rylan.

"My stomach hurts." He complained.

"It's okay, here drink some water."