Mont Saint-Michel (Seme France x Uke Russia SMUT)

Based loosely on chapters 143-146, with an added... Bonus. 

Semi-public sex warning.

Russia gripped the railing tighter as he leaned over it, eyes wide and bright as he took in his surroundings. "France, your house is as amazing as always!" he glanced back over his shoulder momentarily to grin at France before turning back to stare up at the Eiffel Tower.

France chuckled at the other's reaction. "It's not like you to be so high-spirited," he commented, coming to stand next to the winter nation, resting his forearms against the railing. "You like my house that much?"

"Yeah!" Russia exclaimed, eyes seeming to glitter from his enthusiasm. "My motivation to expand Russia up to here is rising, too."

That statement caught France off-guard; he turned to stare at Russia. His brow creased momentarily before he brushed off the comment with another laugh. "You should hide that kind of dark desire a bit, Russia. It could get you into trouble one day."

France watched the other man, gauging his reaction to his comment. Russia, seemingly unabashed by it, simply hummed and continued staring at the city around them. So dark, yet he looks like a child, France found himself thinking. Despite his more unsettling comments, France found that the younger nation wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be, and while he may be physically imposing, he was nothing but a child at heart.

"Is there anywhere else you want to see? We've got more than enough time to tour the rest of the city," France pushed himself off of the railing, tucking a loose strand of golden hair behind his ear. "If it's too far to walk, I can call a taxi."

Russia thought for a moment before joining at France's side. "Notre Dame?" he tilted his head slightly to the left as he asked.

France nodded, and offered a small smile. "Not too far from here. Venez, suivez-moi."

--

Craning his neck, Russia took in the sight of the towering cathedral before him. Gargoyles lined the gutters along the outside of the gothic church, their hunched figures gazing lazily down at tourists and the city below; the north and south towers stood tall like two sentries above the chimera gallery; the west rose window glittered in the sunlight.

"So this is Notre Dame from The Hunchback of Notre Dame!" failing to hold back a grin, Russia briefly turned to France. "The rose window is so pretty!"

France thought it was cute how excited the other man was, at how much his eyes seemed to light up at the sight of the old church. He even found it cute how Russia was unable to tear his eyes away from the rose window for more than a few moments. "You're enjoying it so much," France noted softly. "That makes Big Brother happy, too."

He and Russia joined the queue to head into the church. "Since we came all the way here, I could tell you a wonderful anecdote about this square..." at Russia's eager nod, France continued. "This square is called the Parvis de Notre Dame. A square named after heaven..."

The queue had begun moving forwards. Leading the taller man inside the church, France gently gripped onto the sleeve of the other's coat so as to not lose him in the crowd. Right by the entrance, tourists were lighting candles and setting them to the side. "They're prayers," France explained, noticing how Russia's gaze had drifted towards them. 

As they approached the centre of the church, the north and south rose windows came into view. Light shone down in rainbows of blues, reds, greens, browns and yellows, causing the glass to seemingly glow. France resumed with his story, gazing up at the rose windows. "In the past, the carvings on the façade were each coloured with gold leaf and pigments. It was truly majestic. In the play performance, that beautiful cathedral façade is used to represent heaven,"  he looked to Russia, a coy smile breaking out across his face. "In other words, depending on how you think of it, Big Brother is heaven itself, don't you think?"