Chapter 19: The proposal

Start from the beginning

"My son, I have been eagerly waiting for you," Mr. Kim exclaimed excitedly.

" Yes, Abeoji, I'm sorry I'm a little late, I got stuck in traffic," Haein apologized as he bowed respectfully.

"No worries my son, come in," Mr. Kim gestured and led him into the living room.

"Ohh, Haein, how are you?" Mrs. Kim greeted him warmly. "I'm fine Mrs. Kim and you?" Haein replied with a bow.

"I'm fine, I'm so happy to see you here. But where is my daughter?" Mrs. Kim inquired, a hint of confusion in her voice.

"No, no, honey, he called me to tell me that he wanted to talk to both of us without Jisoo being here," Mr. Kim said to his wife.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were both coming. My mistake!!!" Mrs. Kim apologized with a smile.

As they gathered in the living room, Haein sat across from Jisoo's parents. With a deep sense of respect and admiration, he spoke from the heart. "I hold you both in high esteem, and I have a request that has been on my mind since I first met your daughter. Jisoo has brought immense joy to my life, and I cannot imagine it without her. She is my guiding light and I promise to always cherish her. May I have your blessing to ask for her hand in marriage?"

With a smile on his face and a bow of his head, Haein expressed his sincerity. Jisoo's parents were touched by his words, and Mr. Kim approached Haein, causing him to rise from his seat.

Tears of joy filled the room as Mr. Kim hugged Haein. "We couldn't be happier that you are the one who wants to marry our daughter. Jisoo deserves a kind and loving soul like you. You have our heartfelt blessing, my son," he declared.

Mrs. Kim, her eyes shining with emotion, added, "Yes, absolutely. We give you our heartfelt blessing to marry our daughter."

"Thank you very much. I vow to cherish and care for her for all eternity," Haein replied with deep gratitude, paying his respects to Jisoo's parents.
~

As Jisoo prepared for her evening with Haein, she couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement. He had requested that she dress elegantly, a departure from her usual casual attire for dates. Despite her surprise, Jisoo was excited at the prospect of sharing a special moment with Haein before her upcoming trip to South America in just three days.

 Despite her surprise, Jisoo was excited at the prospect of sharing a special moment with Haein before her upcoming trip to South America in just three days

Taking Jennie's feedback into account, she decided to dress boldly but still maintain an air of elegance. As she finished getting ready, a knock at the door interrupted her thoughts. Rushing to answer it, she was pleasantly surprised to see Haein waiting outside.

"Wow, Jisoo, you're absolutely stunning," Haein stammered, his eyes roaming over her body. The sight of her in that gorgeous dress made his heart race. Without hesitation, he closed the distance between them and placed his hands on her hips.

"You look incredible, darling. I can't bear to leave, let's forget our plans for tonight," Haein suggested with a playful grin. Jisoo could feel his warm breath on her skin, his excitement palpable as he stood so close to her.