09 : 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

Start from the beginning

One, I was not desperate, and second, Jungkook had shown that he might be rough around the edges and hard to understand, but he was kind and had a good heart!

How could he just stand there and call him an asshole!?

Namjoon's sharp glare came towards me and I hesitated.
I had never seen this side of him before.

"Stay out of this, Y/N."

he warned.

"You have no idea who this man is."

His body was tense and stiff.

"She is well aware, Kim."
Jungkook stated, still in a calm manner.

"I'll ask only once to not speak to Bee in that tone."

Jungkook's voice radiated once again with protectiveness

Namjoon looked from myself to Jungkook and then back again.His eyes revealed that he was a bit hurt and angry.

"Is there something going on that I don't know about!?"

Namjoon lightened his tone and focused on me.

"Like why my biggest competitor is calling you, 'Bee' so freely as if he knows you... intimately."

My heart pounded and I swear I could hardly hear anything else as he waited for an answer.

Could I even speak? Or would my vocal cords fail me in this moment?

Suddenly it felt hard to breathe. If they started talking again, I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Seriously, the pounding of my heart was deafening.

Then as fast as all of that hit me, it left with the strong touch of man.
I darted my gaze to the tall man beside me and focused on the vibrant brown eyes that were staring down at me with confidence. How Jungkook had managed to instantly pull me from the depths of my death, I didn't know.

But I took a deep breath and looked to Namjoon.
His brown eyes, along with his lips were frowning with dread.

I knew this moment was going to come, I just didn't think it would be so soon.