xv | Sonder ❦ (10) 2/2

Start from the beginning

She smacked her lips. "To be fair I didn't think it was a war at first. D and I thought it was only a few more stains left. I didn't expect to learn that G shock ratted his way out of prison early and I also didn't expect to learn that someone on the inside was working against us."

"Good thing y'all invited me to the city then cause I can sniff out rats and snakes a mile away," He smirked, bringing his blunt back to his mouth. He hit it one more time before holding it out for her. "Wanna hit this?"

Sincere stood up from the couch and walked over to the bed, taking a seat beside him. She grabbed the blunt from him and took a quick hit. "You know I didn't expect us to get along so well. I admit that I assumed you were going to be a problem for us rather than a solution."

He made a face and turned to face her. "A problem? How?"

"Well with D looking to retire soon and all of this stupid shit going on trying to fuck up the business, you just never know who you can trust anymore. With an empire this big and so much to lose, you have to move smart and I pride myself on moving smart. People are greedy, they want everything D built, without having to put in any work. Not to mention there are many guys threatened by me, because they know I'm up next. They don't like the thought of answering to a woman. I guess I can't help but wonder if all this fallback on the business is because of me." She sighed and looked down at her lap, placing the blunt between her lips again.

Amiré watched her smoke before looking away, trying to collect his thoughts. He wasn't the best at advice but in a way he understood Sincere. "This life we live is about survival of the fittest and that's why it's not for everybody. I have to admit myself that I didn't expect you to be as good as you are but you're damn good at this shit Sin. Minus the assuming part—" He joked, making her laugh.

She playfully bumped his shoulder. "Shut up."

He laughed and turned back to her. "What I'm trying to say is if anybody is gone survive in this life, it's gone be you ma. The way you care for your guys is something I've never seen before, the real ones respect the fuck outta you. There are many soldiers who would stand between you and a bullet in a heart beat, not because you a woman, but because you actually handling yo business and making sure them and they families eating. You already a boss without having the title. It's time for you to own it. People gone always hate, but fuck em. Pick yo gun up and don't blink when you pull the trigger. Cause you gotta survive no matter what."

Sincere looked up from her lap and met his eyes, trying to contain her smile. "Let me find out Ace has a heart." She joked.

Ace rolled his eyes and snorted, turning his attention back to the tv. "Shut up you gotta stop assuming shit partner."

She squinted her eyes at him and hit the blunt again before passing it back to him. "Okay well here's my last assumption— when you gone stop playing with that girl you be texting?"

Taivon instantly entered his mind, distracting him from everything else going on around him. She was like a tsunami, rushing into his world and drowning everything around him. She was a beautiful distraction from the life he lived and that was dangerous.

She was dangerous because he was at the point, where he couldn't imagine a life without her. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Sincere watched him zone out, raising her eyebrow. "Ace," She called out, bringing him back to reality. She gave him a weird look. "You good?"