04 : 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

Start from the beginning

I lifted myself to the side of the bed and rubbed the sleep off from my eyes.
Standing up I walked straight into my bathroom and shut the door.

I took a quick shower, got myself all clean and ready for the day and then threw on some comfortable clothes.
It was sunday after all, and Jimin had already warned me about coming to the office.
I wasn't going to throw on a suit to wear around the house.

After finishing up I head towards the door, when my cell rang. I went to collect it from my dresser and saw that it was actually Jimin calling me.

Strange. I swiped my finger.

"Yes?"

"Did you see the paper yet?!"
his voice sounded a bit nervous.

I frowned.

"No. Should I?"

"Shit. Um, well, I bought a paper and threw it in your mailbox this morning... Wait... did you just wake up!?"

"Yes, got a problem with that?"

"Wow. That's different. I can't remember the last time you slept in... that's a good thing, Jungkook."

I felt a low rumble in my throat, getting a bit impatient.

"Why are you calling me!?"

"Oh right. So, I guess word travels fast when it comes to you. Your marriage is on the front page."

My stomach sank.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me."

"Sorry boss, it's true. I'm holding one right now with your face on it. It's all about you and Y/N."

I groaned and scratched the back of my head.

"I fucking hate reporters."

"Me too. Just wanted to give you a heads up. You might be getting some other calls tomorrow."

"Right. Thanks."

"Now go enjoy your day with your wife."

"Shut up, Jimin."

I only heard his chuckle over the phone before I hung up on him. This wasn't something I wanted to deal with. Any thoughts I might have had about fixing this situation just went straight out the window.

Taking a deep breath, I walked out of the bedroom only to be hit with the aroma of freshly cooked meal. I followed my nose until I spotted Y/N setting my small table.

I cleared my throat.

Her grey eyes met mine instantly.

"Oh- Good morning, Jungkook."

"What the hell is all this?" I asked, confused.

I rarely ever ate a cooked meal at home. I usually always went out and dined, especially since Jiyeon never cooked. She refused to. Said I should just hire a maid or something to do all the work.
What was the point of that? Even though I found it stupid, I was willing to do that for her. Until she stabbed me in the back and broke off our engagement.

Damn her.

I saw Y/N flinch slightly and I realized that the thoughts of my ex- fiance was making me look scarier.
I quickly shoved the thoughts away and tried to make
my expression more gentle.

"I thought we could talk over breakfast."
her voice came out nice and sweet.

"You made this?"

I raised a brow.

"Yes."

She looked at me, confused as to why I would ask that.

"Do you see anyone else here?"

I frowned.

"I'm not used to a cooked meal when I wake up in the morning."
Damn, did she always have to question my motives?

Her expression softened and she nodded in understanding.

"Well I hope you enjoy this then."

Y/N motioned towards the seat across from where she
stood and I decided to just take it.
But before I actually sat down, I remembered what Jimin had told me.

"Just a moment."

I went to the front door and got the newspaper out of the mailbox and came back in, finally taking my seat.

Y/N instantly grabbed my plate and began to scoop up some eggs.

"You like eggs and bacon?"

"Yes."

She smiled and added that to my plate along with a fresh cut up apple and some orange juice.
She even was thoughtful enough and brought me a small cup of coffee.

"Do you like it black?"

she asked, looking towards me before she left it. I was still uneasy about how she was waiting on me right now.

Did she see herself as a waitress?

"No, I like a little bit of cream."

"Okay."

With that she went over and grabbed a bit of my creamer from the refrigerator and added a bit to my coffee.
When all was settled for me, she got her own plate and sat across from me.

I watched her closely as she lowered her head, slightly clasping her hands together and closed her eyes, I guess saying a prayer or something. Then she relaxed and smiled, grabbing her fork and began to eat.

I sat the paper down, afraid it would ruin my appetite. So I decided to eat something first and then break the news to her then. I picked up my own fork and began to eat the food that she had prepared.

I accidentally let a moan lightly as the savory of food melted against my taste buds. The food was perfect.

I waited for her to say something as I felt embarrassed by the sound I just made, but she seemed to ignore it. Except for the small smile that formed on her face as she ate. But she never said a word about it.

We ended up finishing the breakfast in silence, until she finally spoke up.

"So, what are we going to do about this?"

she asked as she grabbed our plates and took it to the sink not too far from where I sat.

This is the part I didn't want to get to. Sighing, I grabbed the paper and opened it up to see a big picture of myself on the front page.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

she questioned in surprise.

"I don't follow. We can just go get this whole marriage annulled, right?"

I shook my head at her question and handed the paper out towards her to come and get.

Y/N's brows furrowed as she walked back over to me and took it into her hands.

"We can't. I don't know if you know this, but I'm pretty well known in the public's eyes. My engagement being broken off has already been spreading like wildfire, and apparently our marriage is now out in the open."

Y/N looked at me with concern, then looked down to the black and white print.

Her eyes squinted as she saw the picture of myself. Luckily though, they didn't know the bride was her yet, so she was spared that much.

But it wasn't going to be long before that happened.

Vote and Comment ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎