25. {newest chimera}

Start from the beginning

"go away!" her voice finally spoke.

"great."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"hayden...? it's scott." the alpha greeted, "i know that you're scared, but we just... we want to help."

no reply.

"i can hear her heart beating- she's really freaked out." scott turned to the other three, "what happened?"

"she was okay when we got here and saw moonee." liam explain, "i went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"why?" stiles asked.

liam shrugged, "i don't know."

"she's clearly scared." moonee spoke, "i can't imagine how she's feeling right now."

"she's definitely a chimera?" scott questioned the two sophomores.

"she said she heard a voice saying: 'your condition improves'..." liam told them.

"okay, that's unsettling..." stiles droned off.

"very."

"hayden? this is stiles." the brunette boy stepped closer to the door, "your sister works for my dad down at the station? look, just open the door. you can trust us."

"we just need to tell you the truth, hayden... and that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face." scott explained.

"it's like an intervention, but not one." moonee added.

"why would you say that?" stiles asked.

"i just wanted to join in." moonee shot back, "sorry i was feeling left out."

"listen, either you're gonna unlock the door, or i'm gonna have to break it open." scott threatened in the kindest tone, "it's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. but i just... i gotta know that you're okay in there."

she didn't reply.

"okay, fine." stiles sighed, "moonee, what's your great idea that you mentioned before?"

moonee's face visibly lit up. she got up and made her way to the room's door. "i think you mean who's my great idea!" she opened the door to display... no one.

"that's embarrassing." liam scratched the back of his head in awkwardness.

"oh... shut up dunbar!" moonee raised her eyebrow. before she could explain herself, franchie walked into the room, looking troubled.

"fran?" stiles asked in confusion.

"here she is, she's the key to getting the door open safely." moonee elaborated.

"she is?" the boys asked in unison.

"i am?"

"yes, you are." moonee nodded, "she's in there."

franchie took a deep breath as she walked to the door. she stood there awkwardly and knocked.

"why would you knock?" stiles whispered.

"i don't know what to do!" she admitted.

"stiles, why are you up in everyone's business today?" moonee glared at him, "you need to take a chill pill."

"guys!" scott spoke, "focus. fran, just talk to her."

"okay." franchie nodded as she turned to face the door, "uh, hayden?"

"francesca?"

"yeah, hi." the curly-haired girl smiled, "i know it can be quite scary and a lot to handle but if you open the door, i'll..." she was stumped on what to say next, so she shifted to face moonee.